No announcement yet.

1.29f civ3mod.bic changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no change in ai to ai tech rate and tech rates in general?

Comment

Originally posted by LaRusso
      no change in ai to ai tech rate and tech rates in general?
      Yes, but now, AI doesn't cheat for tech in deity (or any other diff.)

It won't be 60% of human cost. It will always have same cost for both human and AI.

That itself will make tech. more valuable for AI, and thus make AI tech trade more bareable.

And would fix chief. can't make a spaceship problem.

Comment

And would fix chief. can't make a spaceship problem.

What's that?
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Before, on chief. level, AI had research penliaties.

So you couldn't trade tech often enough, and it happned that even if you play as good as possibile, you can't make into late modern era before 2050AC.

Now, AI has no penlaiites or bonuses for tech research (confirment in chat).

So there would be no more space ship struggle on Chief. or spaceship in 1400AC on deity.

Comment

A VERY important thing to notice:

1.29f uses a kind of checksum to check if civ3mod.bic has been modified. Modified files do behave different, for example the Tutorial cannot be played anymore. The BIC-checksum is stored in civ3id.mb, "mb" probably stands for Mike Breitkreutz/FIRAXIS, as he is the master mind behind the BIC-files.

I asked Mike about it, he told me that Firaxis and Infogrames can generate a valid civ3id.mb file out of a specific civ3mod.bic file to carry the "default rules flag". This way the game engine later can check in multiplayer, if the default rules have been modified or not.

Here the essentials of Mike's statements:
            Originally mailed by Mike Breitkreutz/FIRAXIS
            Yes the new version of Civ3 compares the actual BIC data to determine if it has changed. It does not just check to make sure the file name is "civ3mod.bic." As such, if you rename something, you have, in effect, modified the default rules.

The default rules flag must be kept out of the user's hands for multiplayer. It's very important that the game knows if the rules have been modified in any way.
            Last edited by ColdFever; July 22, 2002, 07:15.
            Kai · Team www.civilized.de

Comment

Working...
            X