Code:
    General Settings		1.21		1.29
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    City Size Label	Level 1		town		Town
    City Size Label	Level 2 	city		City
    City Size Label	Level 3 	metropolis	Metropolis
    Kai · Team www.civilized.de

ARe you sure?

Well, that's good to know for us modders.

What about the Ai changes then?

Comment

Originally posted by =DrJambo=
      What about the Ai changes then?
      Wouldn't the AI be in Civ 3 itself, and not the .BICs? It's not like they really have different kinds of AI for each civ that you can change.

What about units? Were those already in the 1.21f, but there just wasn't a way to put them in yet?

Comment

The BIC changes depending upon whether there are custom rules, custom maps, or custom player data. This time around, they added SLOC (starting locations), UNIT, CITY, and CLNY (colonies).
        Creator of a Civ3 ModManager

Admirer of the Double Your Pleasure mod which you can discuss about at this thread.

Comment

Question: if I install the patch, will I lose my mod?
          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
            Question: if I install the patch, will I lose my mod?
            Yes, AFAIK
            "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
            - Admiral Naismith

Comment

That sucks . I don't remember all the changes I've done, and don't want to be redoing it all again. Any way around it?

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                That sucks . I don't remember all the changes I've done, and don't want to be redoing it all again. Any way around it?
                Move the civ3mod.BIC file somewhere else, then move it back after you install the patch.

Comment

I did it once, and didn't get the new costs the patch had. Though, the patch doesn't change any units, so should be nice. Thanks .

Comment

No problem. Yep, that's the trade-off. But I'm sure most people would rather keep the settings they've spent hours tweaking than just get a few new features.

Comment

Back then, I found a list of .bic changes for that patch somewhere on Apolyton and added by hands. My mod isn't that big at all, but I wouldn't like to again tweak all the costs, values, etc.

BTW, I can't decide all the time if I should publish my mod. Probably not, it's just another mod, everyone (almost) has one.

Comment

In 1.21, I had saved my changes as a scenario and documented everything. There isn't that much. When I got 1.29, I went into the editor and made new changes based on my documentation.

One page MS Word (.doc) document. (Don't forget to rename it if you download it, due to the forum messing up download file names).
                        Attached Files

Comment

I feel like a broken record here, but you should NOT be modifying civ3mod.bic.

Create a seperate BIC file and store your rule changes in it. The easiest way to do this in 1.29 is to create a new mod, then import the settings from your old (backed up) modded civ3mod.bic.

From then on, use the load scenario command to start a new game with your modified rules.

Trust me, it will save you a lot of headache and heartaches.

Dan
                          Dan Magaha
                          Firaxis Games, Inc.
                          --------------------------

Comment

I find it funny that people are so lazy that they can't click on "Load Scenario" and find a file instead of "New Game".

Comment

Re: 1.29f civ3mod.bic changes

Originally posted by ColdFever
                              1.29f civ3mod.bic has almost NO CHANGES compared to 1.21f, only:

Code:
                              General Settings		1.21		1.29
                              ----------------------------------------------------------
                              City Size Label	Level 1		town		Town
                              City Size Label	Level 2 	city		City
                              City Size Label	Level 3 	metropolis	Metropolis
                              Cool!
                              That mean I would not need to rewrite my MOD from scratch.

Comment

Working...
                              X