Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did notice that the civ3mod.bic file in 1.29f is a lot smaller than the ones in previous versions. (17k vs 100+k...) Is that part of the compression mentioned somewhere in the readme file?
    |"Anything I can do to help?" "Um. Short of dying? No, can't think of a |
    | thing." -Morden, Vir. 'Interludes and Examinations' -Babylon 5 |

Comment

Originally posted by Edrix
      Is anyone else having a problem getting the highest (500%) and lowest (25%) zoom levels to work? On a huge (256x256) map, neither would work, but I was able to get 500% on a tiny map.
      Yes, 25% was rejected (said it wouldn't support or something like that), and at 50% the map was, well, just weird. Completely unviewable as a map. But 75% worked fine. This was w/ a large map. (1152x864 monitor)

Comment

Originally posted by Sinapus
        I did notice that the civ3mod.bic file in 1.29f is a lot smaller than the ones in previous versions. (17k vs 100+k...) Is that part of the compression mentioned somewhere in the readme file?
        Yes.
        Mike Breitkreutz
        Programmer
        FIRAXIS Games

Comment

Does anybody know what versions of the patch is/are ready, and if you can play old saved games with the patch. I'd like to know before getting it. I also need to know for the demo game what version willl be available, i.e. english, french, german, japanese, etc.

Thanks

Kman
          "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
          - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
          Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Kramerman
            Does anybody know what versions of the patch is/are ready, and if you can play old saved games with the patch.
            I have the released-today (July 19, 2002) 1.29 patch, and I'm now running a game started under the 1.21 patch.

My only glitch was that my civilization.ini file was moved or deleted by the patch. I had a seperate backup copy which I moved back to the civIII directory, and I'm running fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffrey Morris FIRAXIS

Well, it's copy protected, so make sure it's the original CD. Uninstalling and reinstalling may solve it as well. Anyone else having problems with SafeDisc?

Jeff
              I have original copy of civ3, ofcourse, actually i have 2 original civ3's, the normal version and the collectors box but i had to uninstall all my cd-r software before 1.29f was able to start civ3.

Very frustrating, because if i install some cd-r software again, civ3 is unable to load up.

Well, i think i can manage, just install cd-r programs when needed, about 2-3 times a month, and then uninstall them when starting to play civ3.

Comment

Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
                X