Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch opens MODERN age

Now here's the thing:

Games always seem to be over by the modern age. You've either won it or its so bogged down it ain't fun anymore.

Well that should change. Am I right in saying this patch will allow us to make modern (albeit unscripted) scenarios?

If so folks, the wonders of the Stealth Bomber await...
    "Show me a man or a woman alone and I'll show you a saint. Give me two and they'll fall in love. Give me three and they'll invent the charming thing we call 'society'. Give me four and they'll build a pyramid. Give me five and they'll make one an outcast. Give me six and they'll reinvent prejudice. Give me seven and in seven years they'll reinvent warfare. Man may have been made in the image of God, but human society was made in the image of His opposite number, and is always trying to get back home." - Glen Bateman, The Stand (Stephen King)

Re: Patch opens MODERN age

Originally posted by NeoStar
    Now here's the thing:

Games always seem to be over by the modern age. You've either won it or its so bogged down it ain't fun anymore.

Well that should change. Am I right in saying this patch will allow us to make modern (albeit unscripted) scenarios?

If so folks, the wonders of the Stealth Bomber await...
    Yeah, you are right....Hopefully
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Yes, you can easily create a scenario in which all players start in the modern era, with modern weapons.

Dan
      Dan Magaha
      Firaxis Games, Inc.
      --------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Magaha FIRAXIS
        Yes, you can easily create a scenario in which all players start in the modern era, with modern weapons.

Dan
        Can we also slow down turns into months, therefor alowing modern wars that don't go on for 20 years?
        Know your enemies!
        "Mein Fuhrer! I can walk!" ~ Dr. Strangelove

Comment

Originally posted by Darkworld Ark

Can we also slow down turns into months, therefor alowing modern wars that don't go on for 20 years?
          We could? Oh good. That always made me a little annoyed. Kills the realism a bit. Why dois it take the tank 2 bloody years to reach the enemy gates??? HMMMMMPHH
          Don't drink and drive, smoke and fly.
          Anti-bush and anti-Bush.
          "Who's your Daddy? You know who your Daddy is, huh?? It's me! Yeah.. I'm your Daddy! Uh-huh! How come I'm your Daddy! 'Coz I did this to your Mama? Yeah, your Mama! Yeah this your Mama! Your Mama! You suck man, but your Mama's sweet! You suck, but your Mama, ohhh... Uh-huh, your Mama! Far out man, you do suck, but not as good as your Mama! So what's it gonna be? Spit or swallow, sissy boy?" - Superfly, joecartoon

Comment

I doubt we could slow time, it would be great though. If that happened, we'd have to be able to slow tech research as well.

Can't have Stealth fighters in a WW2 scenario, can we?
            "Show me a man or a woman alone and I'll show you a saint. Give me two and they'll fall in love. Give me three and they'll invent the charming thing we call 'society'. Give me four and they'll build a pyramid. Give me five and they'll make one an outcast. Give me six and they'll reinvent prejudice. Give me seven and in seven years they'll reinvent warfare. Man may have been made in the image of God, but human society was made in the image of His opposite number, and is always trying to get back home." - Glen Bateman, The Stand (Stephen King)

Comment

I hope so...
              This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Or one step further- days. Just think how long Desert Storm lasted...
                They're coming to take me away, ha ha...

Comment

I already asked about this and was told that we can't change the time step. All turns will continue at 20 year encroments.

If you want events scripting, control over the time step, and FULL control of a senerio you'll have to use CTP2.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                    I already asked about this and was told that we can't change the time step. All turns will continue at 20 year encroments.

If you want events scripting, control over the time step, and FULL control of a senerio you'll have to use CTP2.
                    Than hows the promised WW2 Mod going to work? Is it only going to last a few turns?
                    Know your enemies!
                    "Mein Fuhrer! I can walk!" ~ Dr. Strangelove

Comment

i want this! you better do it! We need this!
                      Then WW2 will take all of the 6 years to complete, and take more than 6 turns!
                      Help negate the vegiterian movement!
                      For every animal you don't eat! I'm gunna eat three!!

Comment

Than hows the promised WW2 Mod going to work?
                        Its a Mod, thats how. Im guessing it only changes unit properties and graphics - maybe leader graphics too.

I hope they get time to turn 'Mod' into 'scenario'

Comment

ALRIGHT!! That last post made me CHIEFTAIN!

I hated SETTLER, I used to visit Apolyton months before Civ was even released. Didn't have my own computer to post, though.

Comment

ya, now the celibraiton over, quit the spam

(This post is probubly spam)

I need my custom avatar damit!
                            Help negate the vegiterian movement!
                            For every animal you don't eat! I'm gunna eat three!!

Comment

Originally posted by NeoStar
                              I doubt we could slow time, it would be great though. If that happened, we'd have to be able to slow tech research as well. . .
                              Huh?? If we CAN'T slow time what are we left with? A WW II "scenario" that lasts centuries??

In all the Civ 2 scenarios time was appropriate for the scenario, and techs adjusted. NEW techs were also added, such as in the WW I scenario poison gas units and zeppellns, both of which could be researched.

Just because you can start in the Industrial era does NOT mean you have a scenario that attempts to simulate an historical situation the way Civ 2 did.

Comment

Working...
                              X