Argh!! You must be joking!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hexagonian
    Railroads dumb down that aspect of the game immensely...
    You are right about that one. I am for limiting the movement on rails.
    Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
    Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
    Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Comment

I think the problem is that there is no available terrain that can have the resources, this can happen when there are no hills/montans or they all have forest/jungle on them, this a result of the choices you make when seting up a map or picking random map.
      Was gone for two years, I'm back now.
      in a 3D world is there a difference between these: b d q p | / - \
      3D Unit tutorial
      My units: MechWalker,Rocket soldier,Hover Tank,Crawler,Hover Copter

Comment

Whether or not Hills/Mountains have Forest on them is meaningless. It is purely cosmetic.
        http://www.ststs.com/CGI_BIN/YaBB/YaBB.pl?board=cut
        Dan Severn of the Loose Cannon Alliance
        ------------------------
        ¡Mueran todos los Reyes!

Comment

Sorry I Could not check at the time.
          Was gone for two years, I'm back now.
          in a 3D world is there a difference between these: b d q p | / - \
          3D Unit tutorial
          My units: MechWalker,Rocket soldier,Hover Tank,Crawler,Hover Copter

Comment

Actually, I think I might like the challenge...

Comment

Originally posted by The Pioneer

You are right about that one. I am for limiting the movement on rails.
              I want to see trains, so you can try and ambush them or bomb them and kill the units inside!
              Help negate the vegiterian movement!
              For every animal you don't eat! I'm gunna eat three!!

Comment

i'd like to download and play out your game please. a game without rails would be VERY interesting for the modern age... smaller cities, slower movement, interesting.
                "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

You are quite likely to get low or no oil if you choose a warm, wet world. There is often no desert and very little tundra.

Comment

I guess I'll just start a new game....
                    Isn't that a little like throwing out your daughter because she doesn't have a package? What's the worst that could happen?
                    Surely nothing as humiliating as a diplomatic loss!

Comment

I suggest just you EDIT UP the ridiculously low resource appearance rates Firaxis gave us.

Comment

could yopu please provide the SAV? i could use one more game before friday
                        "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                        - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

The true fix for the 'no iron' is found by decoupling basic units from resources.

Make a Tank, no resources.

Make an Improved tank, requires iron and oil.

The Improved variant may be slightly cheaper and have slightly better stats.

This not only allows the game to still progress through the ages, it allows countries screwed out of a resource to still maintain a competitve front with just a little intrepidity. As it stands, a country without oil or iron is screwed, and all too often it's the human player...

Venger

Comment

Originally posted by Venger
                            The true fix for the 'no iron' is found by decoupling basic units from resources.

Make an Improved tank, requires iron and oil.

The Improved variant may be slightly cheaper and have slightly better stats.

This not only allows the game to still progress through the ages, it allows countries screwed out of a resource to still maintain a competitve front with just a little intrepidity. As it stands, a country without oil or iron is screwed, and all too often it's the human player...

Venger
                            Not only would it fix that, but then Firaxis could lower the randomness of battles, and then there would be hardly a chance of a spearman defeating a tank . And yes, it's happened .
                            I AM.CHRISTIAN

Comment

Originally posted by Coracle
                              I suggest just you EDIT UP the ridiculously low resource appearance rates Firaxis gave us.
                              Will this work for his current game?

I thought you couldn't mod existing games.

And I'd like to second the request to get a copy of this save file. I think I might like a try at it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                                Having absolutely no examples of a resource any where on the map is just plain silly. Firaxis, how about patching this?
                                You mean patching it so it wasn't *possible*? I'd be very much against such a restriction. It would certainly ruin the "Bronze Age" scenario. Maybe have a preference to say to represent all resources, but not a rule.

Originally posted by Venger
                                [...]
                                This not only allows the game to still progress through the ages, it allows countries screwed out of a resource to still maintain a competitve front
                                What are you going to build the tank out of? Wood? With really tough paint? This would be completely unrealistic. I'm not enough of an historian to know how things were in ancient times, but resources were major factors in WWII. Japan's lack of oil lead it to attack Perl Harbor, and all parties were scrounging for all sorts of medals (the penny was not made out of copper during WWII because we needed the copper too badly).

Comment

Working...
                                X