Argh!! You must be joking!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Argh!! You must be joking!

No iron anywhere on the map. Is this a bug?
    Don't drink and drive, smoke and fly.
    Anti-bush and anti-Bush.
    "Who's your Daddy? You know who your Daddy is, huh?? It's me! Yeah.. I'm your Daddy! Uh-huh! How come I'm your Daddy! 'Coz I did this to your Mama? Yeah, your Mama! Yeah this your Mama! Your Mama! You suck man, but your Mama's sweet! You suck, but your Mama, ohhh... Uh-huh, your Mama! Far out man, you do suck, but not as good as your Mama! So what's it gonna be? Spit or swallow, sissy boy?" - Superfly, joecartoon

Don't think so - this has been reported before.

Imagine having no OIL. I have had that.
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Very unlikely, have you explored the whole map? It has happened before but the possibility exist that you can find it on the tiniest island in the most remote corner.
      Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
      Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
      Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Comment

I've seen people here have it happen to them before.

Comment

Or maybe it could be under an enemy city. But with Iron I guess that's less likely.
          Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

It's already the Renaissance. I have the map of the entire planet. I've scanned the map thoroughly. There just isn't any iron. No railroads.... arghhhh.... nooooooo.....
            Anti-bush and anti-Bush.
            "Who's your Daddy? You know who your Daddy is, huh?? It's me! Yeah.. I'm your Daddy! Uh-huh! How come I'm your Daddy! 'Coz I did this to your Mama? Yeah, your Mama! Yeah this your Mama! Your Mama! You suck man, but your Mama's sweet! You suck, but your Mama, ohhh... Uh-huh, your Mama! Far out man, you do suck, but not as good as your Mama! So what's it gonna be? Spit or swallow, sissy boy?" - Superfly, joecartoon

Comment

It must of all been depleted. I always fought that when a resource is depleted, another is discovered elsewhere. I must of thought wrong.

Comment

No, that is true- new ones are always discovered.

There must not have been any to begin with.

Are ye on a mod?
                http://www.ststs.com/CGI_BIN/YaBB/YaBB.pl?board=cut
                Dan Severn of the Loose Cannon Alliance
                ------------------------
                ¡Mueran todos los Reyes!

Comment

I don't think it was around at first to begin with. No traces of a swordsman or a knight anywhere. And no, I'm playing the original, unmodified version with the latest patch on.
                  Anti-bush and anti-Bush.

Comment

ive had games with no coal and games with no oil. it ruins the game if you cant build anything at the end but infantry( i guess i should be glad i had rubber )

Comment

I guess I'll just start a new game....
                      Anti-bush and anti-Bush.

Comment

I had a game with no Aluminiun anywere on the map
                        I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow. As surely as night follows day.

Comment

Originally posted by Iskandar Reza
                          It's already the Renaissance. I have the map of the entire planet. I've scanned the map thoroughly. There just isn't any iron. No railroads.... arghhhh.... nooooooo.....
                          Consider it a blessing that you cannot build railroads - the military aspect of the game will now force you to think about how to conduct a war, and troop deployment becomes critical.

Railroads dumb down that aspect of the game immensely...
                          Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                          ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Perhaps you are playing the scenario Age of Bronze, i do believe that they removed all Iron on purpose.

Comment

Having absolutely no examples of a resource any where on the map is just plain silly. Firaxis, how about patching this?
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                              X