Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do units with 1/3 or 2/3rd movement left have thier attack strengths reduced?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do units with 1/3 or 2/3rd movement left have thier attack strengths reduced?

I scoured the civilopedia for an answer and found none and when I attack I dont get a warning like in civ 2 that I am attackling at reduced strength. So I assumed that this aspect didn't carry over and as long as you can attack it is at full strength, but whenever I attack a city with 1/3 movement left it seems I always get killed handely even if the odds are in my favor so I thought maybe this carried over from civ 2.

I noticed when my cavalry attacks a musketman and it started right next to it than its combat performance is much better it will win 75% of the time. Then I noticed when I move up a road and then barely make it to the enemy city with 1/3 movement..the musketeers will kill me without usually losing so much as one point of thier health time and again about 100% of the time. I notice a definant differance in my combat performance in this case. This seems fishy..if it is still like civ 2 that you attack with reduced strength with 2/3 or 1/3 movement they could have at least put it in the rules somewhere or gave a warning. sheesh.

No.

Comment

I guess its bad karma then..

Comment

So is it realy reduce attack?
        money sqrt evil;
        My literacy level are appalling.

Comment

At times it seems the combat results are based on bad karma....

Comment

They even out with numbers of tries, but they do go in strings sometimes.

So does life.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

No - I've won too many times with 1/3 movement point left to believe otherwise.
              The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
              intelligence to few.

Comment

Civ2 did this, and warned you about this. Civ3 does not warn you, because the attack number does not change.

While Civ2 made fractional movement into a penalty for various things (only a part chance of going another tile with 1/3 mp left, reduced attack), Civ3 views any unit with fractional mp as a whole mp with regards to doing anything except moving on roads.
                Lime roots and treachery!
                "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Working...
                X