No announcement yet.

Only one leader per elite unit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I remember that too. No GLs from armies. Which is why I put elites that have generated GLs already in armies if possible.

The discovery of this tidbit (originally from CivFanatics, IIRC) has definitely helped my leader generation. I just completed a game in which I generated 12 great leaders (standard map). I played china (militaristic) and leader #1 was made into an army so I could build the HE. Still, that's a lot of leaders.

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by alexman
      1) More than one Heroic epic-type building has no additional effect.

2) The militaristic civ trait does not affect the odds for Great Leader generation in any way except making it easier for units to become elite.
      Thanks for the info.

Comment

For everyone's benefit, it's my understanding that both the upcoming patch and PTW will somehow flag those elite units that have generated a GL.

Thanks Firaxis, btw... by nature, you typically generate GLs at exciting junctures, and although I try, I often forget which damn elite I've gotta pull outta there.

I do the same as Arrian... elite+leaders are mostly put into Armies.
        The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Working...
        X