Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hoover who sees coloreds in his nightmares taking over America.
    Thats funny, I see them in the streets.
    Yes it will be a nightmare if coloreds take over America.
    A nightmare for the remaining white minority.

And didn't J Edgar Hoover get a dam named after him?
    You likee soupee?

Comment

@ pioneer: when editing a post: please state so: I.E.
      EDITED: japs to japanese.
      Otherwise it gets quit hard to follow the thread

I don't think this thread will survive much longer
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by alva848
        I don't think this thread will survive much longer
        Yep, it deserves to be closed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragnarok

Thats funny, I see them in the streets.
          Yes it will be a nightmare if coloreds take over America.
          A nightmare for the remaining white minority.

And didn't J Edgar Hoover get a dam named after him?
          I also see them in offices, in academia, in theaters. Its good to know that the only thought your brain can handle is one of simple stereotypes.

I don't know about a dam, but the FBI building was named after him, but even Rep. Dan Burton ( a hard right winger such as yourself) wants the building renamed becuase Hoover knowingly allowed an innocent man to be convicted.

Comment

Originally posted by dexters
            Please don't use the slang word "Jap" it is considered a word in the same order of offensiveness as "******". I don't see anyone here calling Shaka Zulu the hated "******"
            you've never done that?
            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Should I? I Zulu Nig.. nevermind ;P

Shaka was a pain in the ass in my last game, but I crushed him.
              AI:C3C Debug Game Report (Part1) :C3C Debug Game Report (Part2)
              Strategy:The Machiavellian Doctrine
              Visit my WebsiteMonkey Dew

Comment

Originally posted by dexters
                Should I? I Zulu Nig.. nevermind ;P

Shaka was a pain in the ass in my last game, but I crushed him.

yea i know what you mean. what pisses me off is that he used his impis for attacks. what pisses me off even more is that they kill pikemen.

"I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Ragnarok - "But seriously, my Grandad fought for our country and YOUR freedom, and was killed by the japs!
                  And if I wanna call em japs, why cant I?"

Because it makes you look like an idiot for one. Also, why would you want to deliberately use a word that you know is considered offensive by many people? You should try to have some sort of general level of respect for people.

"What law says jap is offencive and must not be said
                  lest someone's oversensitive feelings get hurt!"

The law of common sense. You know people consider it offensive so why would you say it? You know the proper term yet you choose to use offensive language for no reason. If you think that something your ancestors did can excuse you from using offensive terms you're crazy.

The point is that you deliberately use improper language knowing that is hurtful to many people. That makes you a jackass.

Comment

Ok, ok... I think this thread should be closed now.

I just want to set the record straight. I was only talking in the CONTEXT of the GAME.

So keep that in mind when you interpretat of my words!!!

Furthermore when I hear people talking about the war and the Japanese, the Germans, etc... Our people went to war to defeat evil, they went to war in order to ensure that we can express our opinion, they went to war so we can talk and argue about a game or anything else for that matter.

They did not go to war to eonize or nurture the preceptions, stereotypes and racism. Here I would like to add a small personal note that has changed my and my wife's life. A month ago we went to Normandy and we visited two American, one British and two German cemetaries, the devastation, sorrow and pain we felt were unamiginable. We saw more than 50000 thousand graves, believe me guys this was a life changing experience. I don't think that they died to give us the right to go back to useless, no good, stupid stereotyping. So damn me if I am going to say anything to anybody that offends him and if ever do I am going to apologize. The stereotypes can cause pain, anger, resentment and there is no reason in our day and age to do so.

Anyway, I do not want to and should not stray away from the main subject of this board which is a Game and nothing more.

We should quit or Markos should close this thread in order to avoid any further harsh and unnecessary arguements.

PS: Alva your suggestion is noted and will implement with the next occasion.
                    Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
                    Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
                    Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Comment

Pioneer....I got it and I do that too, by the way. If I'm playing the Japanese, they're of course, the Most-Noble-Japanese-Empire-Upon-Which-The-Sun-Never-Sets.

If I'm playing anybody else, and they're in the game, then yes, in the context of the game, they're the japs (who are undoubtedly sneaky and nefarious, and generally in my way).

Same with the French.....I love playing them, 'cept for the color of course, but when I'm not, they're those "steenking Frogs" or "those damned Frenchies."

I don't think that a bit of name calling in the context of any game is making a political statement, and, given that it IS being done in the context of the game, shouldn't be cause for anybody to make a big deal over it.

If you're that thin skinned, I'd advise wholeheartedly against browsing in the Civ3 fiction section....

-=Vel=-
                      The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Originally posted by Velociryx

I don't think that a bit of name calling in the context of any game is making a political statement, and, given that it IS being done in the context of the game, shouldn't be cause for anybody to make a big deal over it.

If you're that thin skinned, I'd advise wholeheartedly against browsing in the Civ3 fiction section....

-=Vel=-
                        Agreed, poeple have to understand that "name calling" is nothing more than humour...at least when inside this forum.

As noted above, Jap is just the shorten word for Japanese.

I'm sure no one here would deliberately insult anybody.
                        Janitor, janitor
                        scrub in vein
                        for the $h1t house poet
                        have struck again

Comment

Originally posted by The Pioneer
                          Ok, ok... I think this thread should be closed now.

I just want to set the record straight. I was only talking in the CONTEXT of the GAME.

Here I would like to add a small personal note that has changed my and my wife's life. A month ago we went to Normandy and we visited two American, one British and two German cemetaries...
                          Fine post, Pioneer. It should always be about the game only. So, everybody, watch your words at least a bit, but just relax and count to ten if you come across something that might be understood as, but must not necessarily be offensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragnarok
                            But seriously, my Grandad fought for our country
                            and YOUR freedom, and was killed by the japs!
                            So did Japanese americans, you racist peace of ****.

Comment

Re: Laughing out Loud!

Originally posted by The Pioneer
                              I was playing the Chinese in a huge map sharing a continent with the hated japanese . Well, at some point we were at war and I attacked with my tanks. Well what do you know out of the blue come two Samurais and each destroy a tank of mine . Well, my reaction was to laugh out loud as I imagined two funny looking guys hacking away at two 20+ tons of steel!!! I know that this is not a new issue but I never actually had a Samurai with his sword do it. It was just a funny sight .
                              hi ,

, they where trained in antitank countermeasures , .....

it can be done by one guy , if he knows what he is doing and a good dose of luck and guts , ....

have a nice day
                              - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                              - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                              WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Interesting

Wow. I really don't think "Jap" is all that big of a deal.

I also don't think we should let others control our use of language either. I have Greek blood, but I could care less that the term "Greek" is often used in conjunction with sodomy. If people want to use it that way, it is their mouth and their fingers typing on the keyboard.

Trying to restrict racist language makes you something far worse than a racist, you become a censor. The cure is worse than the disease. Let the racists die off on their own. Setting positve examples and refusing to give in is far more effective and lets you keep the moral high ground.

And for those of you who feel I am racist because I am not offended by the word "Jap" I have two things to say. First, anybody who feels "offense" at others words really needs to take a hard look inside and decide what matters to them. Second, I have a mixed race marriage and plan to have children who are at least in part not my race.
                                Got my new computer!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X