No announcement yet.

Wonders wish list.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a "World Trade Centre" in Melbourne. It's kind of spooky going past it in the train and seeing that in big letters on the side of the building, because you can't help thinking about the events in New York involving the building of the same name.
    None, Sedentary, Roving, Restless, Raging ... damn, is that all? Where's the "massive waves of barbarians that can wipe out your civilisation" setting?

Comment

Ok, heres a few modern wonders I've thought of.

The Mossad - Great Wonder - Lowers cost of spying 10-20%. It is the greatest intelligence agency on earth, and spying does need some work.

Mission to the Moon - Great Wonder - Requires Apollo Project, maybe just a big culture wonder, like 6 or 7. I'm not sure what in game benefit this could give, but it was one of the milestones of the 20th century. Maybe it can prevent propeganda, like democracy, because it signifies that civs supremacy over all others, I know that happened when the US beat Russia to it.

The Internet - I know this was proposed before, but let me give you guys a new idea for it. Make it a small wonder instead of a great one, and once it's built, either all of your cities are automatically said to be connected for trade (Amazon, Ebay, etc), or generages 1-2 extra commerce per city for every city in your empire (for same reason, E-Trade).

Religous Unification - Small Wonder - Cities experience less corruption because everyone shares the same beliefs, but worker efficiency is reduced 50%, because they feel less motivated to work due to lack of religous freedom.
      They don't call me Springfield Fats because I'm morbidly obese!

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by KenderBane
        I have another good one that people seem to have missed ...

The Taj Mahal.

Availible with Ceremonial Burial.
        Expires with Theology.
        Makes one unhappy person into a content person in each city on the continent.

The Hanging Gardens already makes 1 citizen happy in ever city. I see no need for a duplicate. Perhaps the Taj Mahal could be a culture-generating 'machine', or it could raise your diplomatic reputation.

Well, if duplicating another improvements effects is grounds for not included in the game ...

Then Banks are useless because marketplaces give +50% income.

Then Research labs and Universities are also useless because Libraries give +50% research.

The wonder Magellans Voyage is useless and should be gotten rid of because The Great Lighthouse also gives +1 MP to naval units.

Saying "Thats been done before" doesn't mean that it shouldn't be done again, in a different way.
        Thank god, there are no KENDER in Civ3.

Comment

You can't compare improvements with wonders. Great Wonders are unique and should have a unique effect. Other wise, what's the point of a wonder-race. "Ah, we lost the race to build that wonder - but that's okay 'coz we can just build this other wonder that does the same thing". No
          Up the Irons!
          Rogue CivIII FAQ!
          Odysseus and the March of Time
          I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

Theres already a lot of happiness wonders, and all spaced out fairly well, with the early ones going obsolete. I think if we get any new wonders, it should be to pad the problems we've noted here in the forums, mainly air power, spying, and something to make expansionist civs suck less (maybe a special wonder only they can build that gives them a new trait! )
            They don't call me Springfield Fats because I'm morbidly obese!

Comment

Working...
            X