No announcement yet.

Terraforming with Nukes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems Bizarre and, a little odd. Rather like using a million battleships to pillage a civ.

In the times of Nukes (ie after undestrial parts). It would only take just 3 workers to remove jungle in 1 turn.
    As for making floodplains... now thats a different matter entriely!

btw - I am friendly with germans these days Ralph
    Up The Millers

Comment

I actually did this once because there was way too much jungle to level. It was an enemy city I wanted anyways, and I'm pretty good at cleaning up. Those jungles are tough, but not tough enough! After an armageddon war in another game I realized I had loads of flood plains and my population skyrocketed!

I don't know if they AI minds if I nuke my own territory. I remember using nukes to destroy fleets in civ2, but civ3 AI doens't really use fleets... On the sea there can be no pollution.

Comment

terraforming with nukes

all your people are gonna be birthin' deformed mutants if they eat anything from those fields
        "The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew and act anew. We must disenthrall ourselves, and then we shall save our country." -- Abraham Lincoln

"Generations to come will scarce believe that such a one as this ever, in flesh and blood, walked upon this earth." -- Albert Einstein, in regards to Mohandis Gandhi

Comment

Didn't the Sovjet Union use nukes for mining (early on)? Well, I would stay away from the ore they got from that!
          So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
          Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Re: terraforming with nukes

Originally posted by ruby_maser
            all your people are gonna be birthin' deformed mutants if they eat anything from those fields
            Hehe... Mod: After a city has been nuked, it can then start producing X-men units you can use against your enemies.

Comment

Originally posted by Olaf HÃ¥rfagre
              Didn't the Sovjet Union use nukes for mining (early on)? Well, I would stay away from the ore they got from that!
              Yes actually they did and here is the location:

Test: Chagan
              Time: 05:59:59 15 January 1965 (GMT)
              Balapan Test Area 49.89 deg N, 78.97 deg E
              Test Height and Type: Shaft #1004, -178 m
              Yield: 140 Kt

It is now called Lake Chagan and is used as — i quote — 'Both reservoirs exist today in substantially the same form and are still used to provide water for cattle in the area.'

Scary, eh?

This link will show you more:

Comment

Working...
              X