X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little Civ3 comic humor

Take a look at this recent Life in 4 panels comic

Priceless
    Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Truely, some things are worth waiting for, like total global ANNIHILATION!

Comment

pretty good
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I'm going through this right now. I very quickly united my large continent, and then started preparing to conquer the other large continent.

Three long sessions later, I realize all I've done since conquering the continent is finally get all the troops prepared and in ships...
        Good = Love, Love = Good
        Evil = Hate, Hate = Evil

Comment

Originally posted by nato
          I'm going through this right now. I very quickly united my large continent, and then started preparing to conquer the other large continent.

Three long sessions later, I realize all I've done since conquering the continent is finally get all the troops prepared and in ships...
          That is the Ox Principle, as practiced by Wellington. The problem wasn't winning battles. The problem was getting the soldiers and their supplies to the battle. Specifically, finding enough ox. With the Ox Principle, Wellington conquered India (a large continent with few roads).
          Last edited by Zachriel; June 9, 2002, 19:53.

Comment

Its pretty average actually.
            "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
            --P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

true I spend 3 or 4 times as many turns preparing before actually fighting
              Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

Comment

I find that by the time my transports can reach a given point I've already signed a peace treaty with that enemy. And Fission doesn't help in this game...

Comment

Originally posted by nmcul
                  I find that by the time my transports can reach a given point I've already signed a peace treaty with that enemy. And Fission doesn't help in this game...
                  Then that civ complains about your units and they are miraculously moved 4 gazillion squares in one turn back to your territory.
                  "What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive?" Irv Kupcinet

"It's easy to stop making mistakes. Just stop having ideas." Unknown

Comment

Huh, not a bad one . Besides, no waiting times due loading .
                    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Loved it. You can just see how exhausted he is when moving all those troops.

Comment

Been there. Done that.
                        If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

Working...
                        X