No announcement yet.

Can't find answers, Do you Know?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

re #2 Obsolete techs. Confirmed when Magellan is obtained, extra ship movement of Great Lighthouse goes away. I usually find it hard to get both. It depends on the world which is more important, early building of cities on other land masses, or extra ship movement for modern ships. I prefer Magellan over GLib as it never expires and modern ships can't outrun me.

re #1-- trading. It took me a long time to figure out trades. The trade screen is extremely sensitive to mouse actions. Too many times I meant to single click and double clicked by mistake and accepted a bad deal. Never, never accept a deal as offered. When a deal is offered, note the offer, and clear the table. Then pick and choose what you want. Only about 10% of the time you can't improve the deal. I never trade territory map but often do my world map for their world and territory map, so I know how their civ is laid out. Remember 1) you don't have to make a trade, and 2) almost always you can get some gold from the trading civ. The more gold you take the less they have for hurrying production.

Comment

Originally posted by Willem

Remove all the items he has on the table. At the bottom the text will change to ask what he/she will offer for what you're putting up. That's why you've been getting such crappy deals, you have to haggle. They're going to try and get the lowest price they can, so have you work out some halfway point with them. Your advisor will let you know whether the deal is unacceptable or not, or whether you're getting close.

One tip, if they come to you asking for something, don't just accept their offer, make a deal. If they're approaching you, it means that they want something from you badly and might give you a lot for it. I once had the French offer a swap of World Maps, but I decided to see what would happen if I treid to negotiate. Not only did we do the map swap, but I also got Navigation and over 300 gold.
      I wasnt giving crappy deals i was giving good tech for lump sum 1 gold and still they would say no and they dont have the tech because i would not be able to offer it

Break through last night i played a new style of game i read in the strat guides.
      10% fund science buy or trade for all your tech. my tch goal the great library which i did get

i finally found a distant civ to give me 250 for a tech

and found another civ that wanted 700 for the same tech crazy

Comment

??
        what good are trade embargoes? if your not trading to begin with

why not just not trade?

does an embargoe somehow effect the AI's viewpoint of you fear or not happy or furious? what?

Comment

Originally posted by IRON_BRIGADE
          ??
          what good are trade embargoes? if your not trading to begin with

why not just not trade?

does an embargoe somehow effect the AI's viewpoint of you fear or not happy or furious? what?
          Well if you or your allies have a resource that an enemy, or rival doesn't have, an embargo will prevent them from building any units requiring that resource. So you can cripple their military strength. Also, by not getting luxuries, their people won't be as happy, and there for less productive.

Comment

Call me crazy, but it just feels good.

I know I'm going to attack so-and-so civ.... first, get EVERY other nation to declare an embargo.

1. Like Willem said, it makes sure they can;t get resources.

2. No evidence for this, but I'm guessing it less likely that other civs will enter into alliances with a civ they've embargoed.

I just like all the pretty red dashes.
            The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Working...
            X