No announcement yet.

Dumb diolouge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been translating the diplo text file into latin for a few months now. It makes playing Roma all the more fun.
    I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

I've been translating the diplo text file into latin for a few months now. It makes playing Roma all the more fun.
      hmm... you will have to post that when you're done.
      Caelicola

Comment

I'm glad somebody agrees, but I understand your guys point of view to. One thing that really gets to me, which you can't edit, is the faces that sometimes makes it seem like my advisors are angry at ME. I don't like that, it throws me off. Anyway, I'll take a look at the .txt files and maybe start a thread on ideas for new diolouge.

I'm American, I don't know how many of you are, but in America people have a tendancy to make bad jokes. I hate bad jokes, jokes that simply point you towards the intended source of humor rather than be funny. Sometimes I'll hear someone say something and everyone will laugh and I'll be saying "why the **** are they laughing, that's not really funny." That's how I feel about the text in civ3, I don't know how else to put it, but if any of you watch MST3K you probably know what I mean, or at least could recodnize good humor when you see it.

-ben

Comment

MST3K rules. Now those would be some cool advisors. Have Tom and Crowe cracking on my game as I tried to play.

Honestly I have become so use to the dialogue that I never even notice what the other leaders are saying to me. I just look at the negotiations box and deal with that and plain miss everything they are saying. Maybe I should read it more. The Japanese guy saying "All your base are belong to us" is pretty funny though. Oh no they set us up the bomb.

Comment

Working...
          X