• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zylka
    I like my subs long hard and full of seamen
    I assume you're female - or fruity?

Comment

Originally posted by planetfall

I always play middle continent world. I notice only 1-2 islands. I would like continents plus 5-10 islands. I don't know if this is an option at the beginning world mass choices. Every time I think I have discovered an island, it is always totally submerged.

Current game, there is only 1 island and 3 continents. A few more islands would definitely keep the game more interesting and challenging.
      My point exactly. There should be 3 continents or so and several islands between them....
      Member of Official Apolyton Realistic Civers Club.
      If you can't solve it, it's not a problem--it's reality
      "All is well your excellency, and that pleases me mightily"

Comment

Originally posted by campmajor!

My point exactly. There should be 3 continents or so and several islands between them....
        Indeed. There are not enough islands.

One of the better things about Civ 2 was that you could still explore and colonize long after frigates and galleons, and sometimes even into transports. With Civ 3 there's nothing left to explore before you get to caravels even on a standard map.

If I used a huge map against only three civs the stupid AI would keep pewking out settlers non-stop.

But that's why there are so few islands - the AI would just keep cranking out settlers for millennia, and that likely would leave their infrastructure so weak they could eventually be conquered.

Comment

Does anyone else get the feeling that Coracle is playing a different game than the rest of us?

Comment

Originally posted by FrantzX
            Does anyone else get the feeling that Coracle is playing a different game than the rest of us?
            Nope. I just get the feeling that he can only see the negative aspects of this game. Sad case there. I admit the game isn't perfect, but I still see a somewhat enjoyable game.
            "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
            "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
            "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

He has a point though. In civ2 the world was still not fully discovered when the Apollo Program showed the world....

But allthough I find that disappointing, I agree that civ3 is still a nice game. It must be because I am still playing it!
              Member of Official Apolyton Realistic Civers Club.
              If you can't solve it, it's not a problem--it's reality
              "All is well your excellency, and that pleases me mightily"

Comment

Working...
              X