Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Solver
    Stay on-topic guys!

Zylka, I see you're back to using sexy avatars!
    Please, stay on topic yourself Solver!

Regarding the sexy avatars: I was always and still am a big fan of Zylka's avatars.
    If he could only BE that woman :sigh ...

AJ

PS: Q: Was this on topic ?
    A: It was if I had responded to an on topic post
    Q: Was it ..?
    " Deal with me fairly and I'll allow you to breathe on ... for a while. Deal with me unfairly and your deeds shall be remembered and punished. Your last human remains will feed the vultures who circle in large numbers above the ruins of your once proud cities. "
    - emperor level all time
    - I'm back !!! (too...)

Comment

• Don't nukes also add to your power and overall score as well?
      Up the Irons!
      Rogue CivIII FAQ!
      Odysseus and the March of Time
      I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

• What would make me use nukes?

The fact I have them and no one else does! I mean c'mon, you need to play the 'safe' approach and throw them around like the US did! - while you were the only ones whom had 'em.

I tend to build large stockpiles of nukes in hopes that someone will be foolish enough to attack me, and it's happened a time or two. I like to keep 'em there on standby incase I A) get nuked first. or B) Take massive losses amongst my standing army.

In the later case, I mean a full nuclear strike is needed to assure that you can hit every major enemy city and bring them to their knees!

Although, then you need to pray you have enough defense left to fend of the hoards of angry AI whom mindlessly send their massive spearmen armies to avenge their fallen comrade.
        You're a star-belly sneech, you suck it like a leech! You want everyone to act like you. Kiss ass while you ***** so you can get rich while your boss gets richer off you! Well you'll work harder with a gun in your back, for a bowl of rice a day. Slave to soldiers til you starve, then your heads impaled on a stake!

The framework of the world is - black and white! The infrastructure builders - flex their might! Turning true emotion into digital expression, one by one we all fall down. The grey race shrivels, trapped inside. The world it creates is black and white.

Comment

• ok, i'm back! aaaaaaaa, a nice clean room with no dirt in it! I hate fields!
          I've now made it standard for my nuke subs to carry a nuke, just like in real life. I use tac-nukes before i start using ICBMs, if a tac-nuke can destroy the target, i won't use an ICBM!
          Help negate the vegiterian movement!
          For every animal you don't eat! I'm gunna eat three!!

Comment

• Originally posted by zulu9812
            Don't nukes also add to your power and overall score as well?
            I guess they do, but that doesn't mean you have to use them. They won't add anything extra to your power whether you use them or not. Just having them might be a nice threat anyway...

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucilla

I guess they do, but that doesn't mean you have to use them. They won't add anything extra to your power whether you use them or not. Just having them might be a nice threat anyway...
              hi ,

yes they do increase your power points , ....

have a nice day
              - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
              - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
              WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

• Best use of Nukes?

I've discovered a fairly good tactic w/ Nukes. When every other civ is attacking me, I usually drop 1 Nuke on each Capital City just to get their attention (and perhaps sheer spite).

Then, I drop nukes on their Strategic Resources like Uranium, Oil, and Rubber (perhaps Iron and Coal too). A Nuke is MUCH more effective than bombers! It wipes out RailRoads, Roads and other improvements in one shot and can't be shot down w/ fighters and the SDI only seems to work for cities.

Once my enemy has no capacity to make more units, and STILL won't make peace, I use Tactical Nukes or ICBMs to wipe out their naval units.

Once peace is declared and as soon as they get a road back to their Capital City, I offer to trade them resources. That way if they want to go to war anytime soon, they will lose all of their resources. In the mean-time I build up my conventional armies and repentish my nuclear stockpile.
                "...Every Right implies a certain Responsibility; Every Opportunity, an Obligation; Every Possession, a Duty." --J.D. Rockerfeller, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by AJ Corp. The FAIR
                  From the years of playing civ2 I have learned to dislike using nukes: they make such a mess out of a properly and patiently build up landscape. And then there's an ethical/reality aspect: is using nukes possible in real life? Well, let's hope we won't find out again ... chances exist most of peoples around the globe wouldn't be able to play anymore and that would be a waste, wouldn't it?

So I NEVER use nukes, nor will I ever build the Manhattan Project.

As a matter of fact I will wage a full military campaign to the evil civ that starts building the Project itself, destroying the city where it was initially being constructed. Guaranteed fun and ... a warning for all other civs to not use/build these evil instruments of mass destruction.

All my games (playing 6 months already) have been 100% NUKE FREE.
                  I like it that way.

AJ
                  same with me i have never buit a nuke and never will i would prfer to go last
                  Denday

Comment

• Originally posted by Kamrat X

Come on AJ it´s just a game... I don´t even like war in RL. Not to mention sacrificing your citizens to build a temple or whatever. Nukes have a strategic value in Civ. Not using them is stupid IMO.
                    wrong nukes destroy the game make it less worth playing
                    ( yah its the nuking time lets play, kill everything in the world. anyway thats how humans are heading
                    not a geenpeace
                    and if you want to destroy the human race commit mass murder and be your very own nazi or american thats your choice.
                    but i will never nuke anyone unless i was playing multiplayer game aganist a nuke frenzy indervidual.
                    Denday

Comment

• Originally posted by Solver
                      Zylka, I see you're back to using sexy avatars!
                      I'm not complaining.

Comment

• Originally posted by wervdon
                        Am I the only one to ever use nukes defensively?
                        No. I enjoy using them offensively but in many games the first nuke is used on my own territory. When that stack of 50+ enemy units pops up out of nowhere a nuke is a good thing to have.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carver

I'm not complaining.
                          I really want to know who is on that picture, and where it came from!
                          Help negate the vegiterian movement!
                          For every animal you don't eat! I'm gunna eat three!!

Comment

• Re: Best use of Nukes?

Originally posted by steven8r
                            I've discovered a fairly good tactic w/ Nukes. When every other civ is attacking me, I usually drop 1 Nuke on each Capital City just to get their attention (and perhaps sheer spite).

Then, I drop nukes on their Strategic Resources like Uranium, Oil, and Rubber (perhaps Iron and Coal too). A Nuke is MUCH more effective than bombers! It wipes out RailRoads, Roads and other improvements in one shot and can't be shot down w/ fighters and the SDI only seems to work for cities.

Once my enemy has no capacity to make more units, and STILL won't make peace, I use Tactical Nukes or ICBMs to wipe out their naval units.

Once peace is declared and as soon as they get a road back to their Capital City, I offer to trade them resources. That way if they want to go to war anytime soon, they will lose all of their resources. In the mean-time I build up my conventional armies and repentish my nuclear stockpile.
                            hi ,

nice way to do it , .....but , sometimes the nuke destroy's the terrain aswell , example ; coal in hill's , nuke it and it becomes plains without coal , ............
                            so , with the nukes against naval units , any "dirty" sea , ........;

have a nice day
                            - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                            - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                            WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

• Just use Nukes to terminate a game and wipe out weak neighbors quickly. And then you send an army of workers to clean pollution...
                              Si vis pacem, para bellum (9 mm)

Comment

• 'Dirty Water?' / Nuking Resources

Dirty Water?

I've never noticed any pollution to water squares after nuking naval units.

Tactical nukes work well for naval bombardment and are cheaper to build. They are also more powerful and have a greater range than Cruise Missles, but if the enemy ships are out of range of the tactical nukes, an ICBM works well.

The only problem I've encountered by nuking naval units is that before patch 1.21f the bombardments wouldn't be fatal (although sometimes it could be). It would just reduce the hit points of the ship and make it return to the nearest harbor. Although this doesn't destroy the unit (most of the time) it does effectively remove them from combat for awhile.

============================================

Nuking Resources

Nuking resources, yes, you might change the landscape somewhat, but there seems to always be x number of resources available. When 1 is exhausted, another will appear somewhere on the map. Just make sure you have plenty of a certain resource before you nuke your enemy's resources. (If you own enough land the chances are good that if the resource disappears from you enemy's territory it will reappear in yours)
                                "...Every Right implies a certain Responsibility; Every Opportunity, an Obligation; Every Possession, a Duty." --J.D. Rockerfeller, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X