population growth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• population growth

I'm using rome and my i have 8 cities which hve a population of 12.

But none would go over 12 why?

I have ample food supply and it just says 9,999 turns b4 growth..

You need to build hospitals to get bigger than size 12, thats the last upgrade you need then the cities will grow as far as food supplies allow
    "Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender B. Rodriguez

Comment

By the way, which is the largest city size anyone has come up to? I recall I´ve seen cities of mine with pop size 35 or something like that, but with just grassland in the surroundings it shouldn´t be impossible to get it over 40, right?

Comment

Why would you want any more people than the amount to keep the city as a metropolis, and work all shield production tiles? I find cities past size 21 or so completely unmanagable. If a city of mine gets past that, then I'll build settlers out of it and send them to less populated areas (such as the newly acquired territory I'm trying to consolidate).
        "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
        "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
        "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

There is one reason for having more than twenty via irigation. Getting a high score like the one Aeson just did. 65 thousand something takes a high population.

My largest city ever was 25. I had mined every tile that could be mined and I irrigated the flood plains. That worked out to twenty-five. If I could have mined the flood plains I would have.

Comment

Why would you want any more people than the amount to keep the city as a metropolis, and work all shield production tiles? I find cities past size 21 or so completely unmanagable. If a city of mine gets past that, then I'll build settlers out of it and send them to less populated areas (such as the newly acquired territory I'm trying to consolidate).
            Because I like big cities and I hate mining grasslands. Simply as that. Just my playing style. And maybe I´m also stuck into the ol' Civ II-thinking, that the special citizens actually give you bonuses...

Comment

Working...
            X