Just finished and won my first game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nato
    Nah French must be blue! The Civ1 colors are indelibly etched in my mind.

Once, while playing AOE 1, I actually had to explain to my friend why I had to have yellow when I played Egypt! He just didn't get it ... non-civ people are so clueless.

Congrats on the win Bruiser!
    Yes
    It took me time to understand why I always thought "green" when someone told me about the Babylonians, some time ago

And blue is not only the true Civ color for French, it's also the REAL national color (French football team is often called "the Blues").
    Science without conscience is the doom of the soul.

Comment

Originally posted by Akka le Vil

Yes
      It took me time to understand why I always though "green" when someone told me about the Babylonians, some time ago

And blue is not only the true Civ color for French, it's also the REAL national color (French football team is often called "the Blues").
      So which do you switch it to, the blue of the americans (light blue) or the babylonians (dark blue)?

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel

So which do you switch it to, the blue of the americans (light blue) or the babylonians (dark blue)?
        You forgot the Germans (medium blue)
        I switch French medium blue, then German dark blue, Babs green, Greek white, barbarians red, Rome purple
        Science without conscience is the doom of the soul.

Comment

Originally posted by Akka le Vil

You forgot the Germans (medium blue)
          I switch French medium blue, then German dark blue, Babs green, Greek white, barbarians red, Rome purple
          That's my problem: forgetting the Germans, then they sneak up and bite me in the ass, every time

I liked the barbarians red too, more bloody, though it fits the heathen Romans well.

Comment

French - Medium Blue
            Germans - Grey

That's how I modded it.
            "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
            "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
            "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
            X