Just finished and won my first game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just finished and won my first game

Used the Egyptians.. i did very weel with em.. anyways, the best ive ever done with any civ

i won with spacerace... i couldnt build a U.N for some reason ? :/

but oh well i played in regent leavel also so i guess monarch is next ..
    Attached Files
    Bleh

Re: Just finished and won my first game

Originally posted by Bru|seR
    Used the Egyptians.. i did very weel with em.. anyways, the best ive ever done with any civ

i won with spacerace... i couldnt build a U.N for some reason ? :/

but oh well i played in regent leavel also so i guess monarch is next ..

congratulations I found the computer to be much more difficult on Monarch than regent, more than I expected, so good luck.

You may not have been able to build the UN because you disabled the diplomatic victory flag at startup.

Comment

Congratulations, and good luck with your next games.

I too won my first Regent game with the Egyptians, by conquest. I therefore come to the conclusion that EGYPTIANS ROCK!!!
      "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
      "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
      "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by LordAzreal
        Congratulations, and good luck with your next games.

I too won my first Regent game with the Egyptians, by conquest. I therefore come to the conclusion that EGYPTIANS ROCK!!!
        Egyptians suck. Iriqouis Rock. NAAAH!

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel

Got my ass handed to me by the Iriqouis last night....on REGENT!
          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel
            Iroquois rock as well. But only if you start near horses. Otherwise, its time to restart. I guess Egypt are the same having a UU requiring horses, but then again, I didn't even use War Chariots ONCE in that game.
            "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
            "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
            "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Iroquois rock as well. But only if you start near horses. Otherwise, its time to restart. I guess Egypt are the same having a UU requiring horses, but then again, I didn't even use War Chariots ONCE in that game.

dead on, of course. Hate to build a good foundation then find yourself hunting horses.

war chariots I've never used. Otherwise, I like the characteristics of the Egyptians, its the UU that makes the Irqs my choice

Comment

[SIZE=1] Originally posted by asleepathewheel [/SIZE

war chariots I've never used. Otherwise, I like the characteristics of the Egyptians, its the UU that makes the Irqs my choice
                I have used the War Chariots. Just to start a Golden Age though. I crippled a medieval unit of some kind with cannon and then sent the chariot in for a well timed GA. Otherwise the things are pretty worthless. Cannons and War Chariots. Well at least they looked neat.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski

Got my ass handed to me by the Iriqouis last night....on REGENT!
                  Goes to show you that Civ3s' AI never ceases to surprise us.
                  signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by Haupt. Dietrich

Goes to show you that Civ3s' AI never ceases to surprise us.
                    Yeah. I've been surprised recently by the Germans' willingness to cooperate. For the first time in a while, I've played a game where they haven't tried sneak attacking me.

But there's still ones like the Zulu and India who never surprise anyone.

Comment

Congrats on your first win. I achieved mine 2 weeks ago with the French, also on Regent. Tanks vs spearmen at the end, even against my biggest rivals.

My previous best near thing was as the Egyptians, with no horses, and as the Americans, were I never got close to the UU.

France rocks! (it seemed obligatory to add this bit)

Comment

Currently having a go at the French on Regent. Not a bad game at all. Surprisingly, I had the early tech lead by some wierd miracle. Didn't last long though since I was dropping my sci to 0% to fight my war with Egypt (still playing this one now).

So I definitely agree that France rocks.

Comment

Currently having a go at the French on Regent. Not a bad game at all. Surprisingly, I had the early tech lead by some wierd miracle. Didn't last long though since I was dropping my sci to 0% to fight my war with Egypt (still playing this one now).

So I definitely agree that France rocks.
                          Except for the stupid pink color.
                          Gave us our national blue back !
                          Science without conscience is the doom of the soul.

Comment

Originally posted by Akka le Vil

Except for the stupid pink color.
                            Gave us our national blue back !
                            Pink suits them just fine by me.

Comment

Nah French must be blue! The Civ1 colors are indelibly etched in my mind.

Once, while playing AOE 1, I actually had to explain to my friend why I had to have yellow when I played Egypt! He just didn't get it ... non-civ people are so clueless.

Congrats on the win Bruiser!
                              Good = Love, Love = Good
                              Evil = Hate, Hate = Evil

Comment

Working...
                              X