AHHHH, i cant RAZE it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AHHHH, i cant RAZE it!

In my current game Inda has a city (The last city) on a tiny island thats only 1 square big, so i have no space to put units on that island to take the city!
    Anybody got any ideas how i can destroy it, i don't realy want it, i just want to RAZE it! I don't have leathal bombardment on. So is it possible to destroy this city, or is it a game fault!?
    Help negate the vegiterian movement!
    For every animal you don't eat! I'm gunna eat three!!

Marines off a transport assualt the city directly.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Marines -- only unit that can do it.

Only other option I can think of is to trade cities. I assume you're at war with them -- offer peace, on condition that they trade you that city for one of their captured cities which you now control -- offer them Bombay back and they will almost certainly make the trade, but if you have to, offer them two or threre of their former cities.

And then off course raze the recently traded, and now land accessible, remaining Indian cities.

Comment

i'm not at war with them no more, and i have no more of their citys, the first one i got i gave to germany as a gift to make them like me! And then suddenly everybody joined my war against india and they took all the citys (Babylon had about 50 units martching about the place), oh well my marines will sort'em out!

Comment

Originally posted by HazieDaVampire
          i'm not at war with them no more, and i have no more of their citys, the first one i got i gave to germany as a gift to make them like me! And then suddenly everybody joined my war against india and they took all the citys (Babylon had about 50 units martching about the place), oh well my marines will sort'em out!
          i love it when the whole world sees that i'm winning a war, and they all jump in for a piece of the failing empire.
          "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
          - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

lol, the AI is still showering me with tricks

Comment

The AI in 1.21 seems a lot more nasty than previous versions.
              Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
              Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

hell yeah, lol, Egyptions took berlin! The German infantry beat the odds for a while, but odds caught up with them. I'm now in a bit of a peaceful stailmate, i cant declare war on anybody without a MPP being activated and have everbody onto me (Kinda like a chain reaction).

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
                  Marines off a transport assualt the city directly.
                  This is why 1-tile islands become strongholds. They're actually really handy as military staging posts.
                  Up the Irons!
                  Rogue CivIII FAQ!
                  Odysseus and the March of Time
                  I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

lol, i mite make a new map with quite a few of those!

Comment

This is exactly why I leave one continental city behind and ask for all island cities as tribute. That way you avoid these problems. Hate having to biuld a navy just to take that last city half the map away.

Comment

Originally posted by zulu9812
                        This is why 1-tile islands become strongholds. They're actually really handy as military staging posts.
                        How often do you see those usually?
                        I'm playing on a random map, so I'm not sure what the terrain looks like yet (100BC or so I think). I'm sure that on island maps there must be a fair amount of them though.

Comment

I haven't actually seen any yet, the smallest Island I have seen is four squares.
                          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski
                            I haven't actually seen any yet, the smallest Island I have seen is four squares.
                            I've seen several one square islands in games. They are few and far between, however. The AI seems to hunt them out.I've had a pangea map where there was a one square island off the coast, and I've had archipelogoes where there was one too, so its just pretty random

Comment

Doesn't it seem funny to anybody that some people say they see things happen and others don't?

Like, for instance, Artillery. Some people say the AI uses them offensively, while others (me included) have never seen it.
                              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Working...
                              X