Do girls ever play Civ3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do girls ever play Civ3?

Have you met a person of the female civilization on this site? Do you know of a girl that plays Civ3? And if they do, do they build like the most peaceful civs and live in harmony with their neighbors, not even attacking the barbarians, or are they deceitful and egoistic and always running after more gems and silks?
    I assure you Mr. Ambassador, we're not building a Doom's Day Machine
    Our source was the New York Times

I do not know how they play, but I am quite sure there are women playing civ3 on this forum.
    Just wait them to answer you themselves.
    Nym
    "Der Krieg ist die bloße Fortsetzung der Politik mit anderen Mitteln." (Carl von Clausewitz, Vom Kriege)

Comment

yes. i modded "shoes" to be a luxury resource, and i take over the countries that have gems so i can make sure my female citizens have nice diamond rings and pretty jewelry. *sigh*

of course there are females who play civ. i play all different civilizations, and go for different types of victories.

"And if they do, do they build like the most peaceful civs and live in harmony with their neighbors, not even attacking the barbarians, or are they deceitful and egoistic and always running after more gems and silks?"

no and no. i speak only for myself, but i would think other chicks play civ3 a lot like the guys do. don't be stupid.

i guess the only typically "female" thing i do in my games is pay a little more attention to how things look instead of mining the crap out of everything or placing farms on random tiles. i like things to look organized and make sense when i place cities and do terrain improvements. other than that, i just play the friggin' game.

dang, didn't we just have this same discussion on the diablo2 forums...?
      drones to the left of me, spartans to the right - here i am, stuck in the middle with yang

Comment

...if you're sad and you're feelin' blue, just go out and buy a brand new pair of shoes...

no insult intended Bella, it's just that I see only boys in the internet cafes playing RTS so I was curious do girls get tha same kick out of strategy games

Comment

it's ok, sorry if i sounded a little defensive! unfortunately, chicks get a lot of heat in the computer/video game world. it's true that there are more guy gamers than girl gamers, but we're out there. i would think strategy games would appeal more to females than a lot of other kinds of games (shoot-em-ups and so forth). i also think that "the sims" could be the advent of a new era in gaming, where games are marketed to both sexes. i wish more girls were into gaming. it will probably catch on eventually. i mean, building an empire is a hell of a lot more interesting to me than other time wasters like t.v., and i think other girls would feel the same way if they felt "included" in the gaming world.

again, sorry if i sounded like i was lashing out at you. i know you were joking!
          drones to the left of me, spartans to the right - here i am, stuck in the middle with yang

Comment

now about that vegetable curry, when do I pick you up?

Comment

I knew it! A dating thread!

And don't anyone think that the fact that I also like my land looking cultivated rather than raped means I am less of a guy gamer.
              Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

shhhhhh Mr. W

Can't you see I'm trying to score here

Comment

OK now I really look like a sexist pig. Sorry everybody, I'm generaly a nice guy. Anyways, can you tell me how you put that text under the line like "President of vice...." or the infamous curry invitation?

Comment

It's in your control panel, edit profile, signature.
                    Consul.

Comment

Thnx W.

Comment

'Sawright Cv.
                        Consul.

Comment

I think there is one over at the Infogames forum - secret site for Civ - I think she is going for the top game title - and in her own words - always ends up battling everyone in the game constantly throughout the entire game.

I think her name is MoonSlinger.

Comment

Originally posted by Raion
                            I think there is one over at the Infogames forum - secret site for Civ - I think she is going for the top game title - and in her own words - always ends up battling everyone in the game constantly throughout the entire game.

I think her name is MoonSlinger.
                            Interesting.

Do you have the exact URL of this site?
                            Nym
                            "Der Krieg ist die bloße Fortsetzung der Politik mit anderen Mitteln." (Carl von Clausewitz, Vom Kriege)

Comment

well, there seem to be more of them in
                              the help section
                              strange, this hasn't got anything to do with parking has it??

sorry, just couldn't help myself
                              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                              X