No announcement yet.

Are your Governors' French?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you sure there's no difference between governors?

Maybe they behave according to the civs traits.

Commercial civs would try to expand trade. Militaristic civs would build barracks or units.

Comment

There are diferences in the governors. Each civ has its own preferences for build orders. Some like infrastructure and some like military.

All of them are less than optimal for a human player. They can't take the present situation into account and they can't read you mind. Only you can know what you are planning long term.

Comment

Originally posted by Ethelred
        There are diferences in the governors. Each civ has its own preferences for build orders. Some like infrastructure and some like military.

All of them are less than optimal for a human player. They can't take the present situation into account and they can't read you mind. Only you can know what you are planning long term.
        I agree ethelred ( does that stand for ethel in red?)

Comment

Originally posted by louiethelesbo
          ( does that stand for ethel in red?)
          The full name is:

Ethelred ban Hangyvezenyl AKA Ethelred the Armourer.

Its a character I created long ago for a play by mail Diplomacy variant called Slobovia. Not to be confused with Ethelred the Unready, one of the last Saxon Kings of England.

Comment

The full name is:

Ethelred ban Hangyvezenyl AKA Ethelred the Armourer.

Its a character I created long ago for a play by mail Diplomacy variant called Slobovia. Not to be confused with Ethelred the Unready, one of the last Saxon Kings of England.

Ah, changes my perspective of you

Comment

I only use governors to manage moods, but I can actually make sense ut of the original post.

Depending on your style of play for a given game, the production choices of a given governor, as determined by civ preferences, may or may not match what you would want to produce.

Using the original example, the French governor will build for Happiness, Trade and Culture. If you are in warmonger mode, this is a bad match, and the governor's choices will mostly be wrong.

I have started experimenting with the governor in the later game, to reduce tedium... they work OK when in builder mode, depending on the settings.
              The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel

Ah, changes my perspective of you
                You thought I was a woman didn't you?

Its real popular to do that but just how many Ethels have you ever met? I know exactly one. My aunt and she is over 70 and only my mother called her Ethel. It is kind of fun when some idiot thinks I am a women and thinks he can shock me with a potty mouth. I once refused to answer one guy when he asked my sex. I pointed him to this site:

This article will help you better understand the historical context and the events that surrounded the famous battle of Hastings.

And he still didn't get it. Despite the fact that on that forum (MaximumPC) I used the name Ethelred(hardrede) which covers two different men on that site.

I don't like to use my real name online except to buy something. Its unique. Everyone one with my last name is a member of the family and as I far as I know I am only one with my first name.

Comment

You thought I was a woman didn't you?

Its real popular to do that but just how many Ethels have you ever met? I know exactly one. My aunt and she is over 70 and only my mother called her Ethel. It is kind of fun when some idiot thinks I am a women and thinks he can shock me with a potty mouth. I once refused to answer one guy when he asked my sex. I pointed him to this site:

This article will help you better understand the historical context and the events that surrounded the famous battle of Hastings.

And he still didn't get it. Despite the fact that on that forum (MaximumPC) I used the name Ethelred(hardrede) which covers two different men on that site.

I don't like to use my real name online except to buy something. Its unique. Everyone one with my last name is a member of the family and as I far as I know I am only one with my first name.
                  I don't think I've ever actually met an ethel.
                  I didn't think you were a woman. (a woman on thise site?) I was just kidding anyway. May I ask where you're from?

Comment

May I ask where you're from?
                    California USA. Born in Los Angeles but that is just where the hospital was. I now live in Anaheim close enough to Disneyland to hear the fireworks.

I didn't think you were a woman. (a woman on thise site?)
                    Why not? My sister-in-law was one the beta testers for Alpha Centauri.

Comment

Probably because there are like 10 women in total on this site, and around 19,000 men.
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
                      X