Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I still complain about AI border violations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I still complain about AI border violations?

1) The frequency with which AI units enter my borders is still appallingly high. And they still ignore me when I ask them to leave.

2) The AI still gets a free pass through other AI territory to come and attack me with huge armies, even if they don't have a RoP agreement with the other civ. That's just patently not fair and gives the AI what is essentially a major cheat on all difficulty levels.
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Re: Can I still complain about AI border violations?

No

I havn't seen as much violations in 1.21f then the others.
    I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

LOL, thanks, wiseguy.

I haven't noticed a difference. Many wars have started with me asking another civ to kinldy leave and they just turn around and declare war instead. How rude.
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

You can, but it won't do any good.

I was on polite terms with Germany one game, and I told them to leave or go to WAR! Well, they chose war.
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski
          You can, but it won't do any good.

I was on polite terms with Germany one game, and I told them to leave or go to WAR! Well, they chose war.
          Well, actually, that does kinda sound like the Germans...
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Yes, Yes it does. I saved before I did it, just to see what would happen. Reloaded and went, I think, 3 turns, and they cancelled trade with me and declared war for no reason. Other than only 1 spearman in the city of course.

I took it back. He took another city, i took it back. And later he asked for peace.

He was then POLITE AGAIN !!!!

Comment

Oh Ja, ve vant no hard feelingks. Ve vere just jokingk, mein herr!!
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

He was also on another island, and I didn't have the military to invade at the time. No horses, and later no Saltpeter, while he had both.

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                  Oh Ja, ve vant no hard feelingks. Ve vere just jokingk, mein herr!!

At least they are capable of sueing for peace. The Zulu just can't live without fighting a war... any war.

"They are killing our women, children and cattle. Think about THE CATTLE!!!"

And it is disturbing that Shaka's definition of a polite greeting goes:

"I, Shaka of the Zulu shall refrain from scouring the world of your filth."
                  "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
                  "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
                  "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Re: Can I still complain about AI border violations?

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                    The AI still gets a free pass through other AI territory to come and attack me with huge armies, even if they don't have a RoP agreement with the other civ. That's just patently not fair and gives the AI what is essentially a major cheat on all difficulty levels.
                    Do you mean that you have never seen a huge AI army which is obviously heading across your country to attack another AI player and just decided to let them pass?

I won't give them an ROP agreement, but I'll let them toss their best units into the shredder of someone else's best units and pick off the loser. If he still has troops in your territory, you can usually goad him into declaring against you with the "get out or else" message.

Of course, you should have your troops poised to attack before attempting this.

Comment

Re: Re: Can I still complain about AI border violations?

Originally posted by dawidge

Do you mean that you have never seen a huge AI army which is obviously heading across your country to attack another AI player and just decided to let them pass?
                      That still makes a double standard, because never ever will an AI civ let me do the same thing. Even if it's one unit, they kick me out.

But to answer, no, I guess I take a more traditional approach to the sanctity of my borders. First, I don't like seeing an AI army in my borders because they could just decide to declare war arbitrarily anyway. Second, often times they are going to attack a nation I'm on friendly terms with, and since I don't want the first AI to benefit from conquering the second AI, I'd rather keep them separated. If he wants to invade so bad, he should by a friggin' boat or bribe me for a RoP.

As for the AI, I don't mind if he has a RoP, but without it, the AI should be a lot more aggressive at kicking out other AI civs.
                      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Sounds to me like other nations don't respect you. Are you building culture?

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre2th
                          Sounds to me like other nations don't respect you. Are you building culture?
                          Number 1 in culture, other nations in awe of me. I don't think this has anything to do with a planned feature, I think it is a game design flaw that lets the AI civs cheat in regards to national borders.
                          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

why is it when the human player is asked to leave he is automatically sent back to his nearest city but when the ai is asked to leave the unit must find its way out. wouldnt this whole problem be solved if the same rule that applies to human players be applied to the ai. if the ai units were sent back automatically there would be no trespassing unless the ai wanted war of course.

Comment

Originally posted by blacksheep
                              why is it when the human player is asked to leave he is automatically sent back to his nearest city but when the ai is asked to leave the unit must find its way out. wouldnt this whole problem be solved if the same rule that applies to human players be applied to the ai. if the ai units were sent back automatically there would be no trespassing unless the ai wanted war of course.
                              Actually, that does happen. There are 2 kinds of asking someone to get out..."Please Go." or "Get out or declare war."

If an AI unit has only been in your territory a brief period and you haven't confronted them yet, you can only do the first one. If however they have ignored your first request and are still there after a bit, you can do the second one. On doing that one, the AI units will leave automatically.

Likewise, the AI has the same rules for asking you to leave. At first, it's up to you to pull out, but if you don't, you will get the boot automatically.
                              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
                              X