Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FIRAXIS! Please fix this in your next patch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah, I beat both of you by tenths of second...
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexnm
      225 major cities?!

I think it is incredible that you play the game at all...
      Didn't you know that I'm the current world record holder? The save games can be located at this link:

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

PS: I lost count after 225.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
        You have 255 cities, and you call yourself an average player? How do you cope with the corruption?

255 cities... Hey, this reminds me about Civ2! Are you in the wrong forum?
        No, I'm not in the wrong forum. If you like proof, take a look at those save games at my site.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
          255 cities... Hey, this reminds me about Civ2! Are you in the wrong forum?
          IIRC, you couldn't have 255 cities in Civ2. At least not for more than one turn.
          "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

Originally posted by lockstep

IIRC, you couldn't have 255 cities in Civ2. At least not for more than one turn.
            Wasn't the upper limit at 256 ?
            Science without conscience is the doom of the soul.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonsinger

No, I'm not in the wrong forum. If you like proof, take a look at those save games at my site.
              Oh...well...oh, all right then!

And yes, I think the limit was somewhere around 255.
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Solution to Pollution Problem

Personally I think the pollution problem can be addressed quite easily. The rules can stay the same where the pollution forces resources to reallocate BUT the game engine could be smart enough to reshift resources back to the polluted square if the square was previously be used as a resource. I have noticed some kind of intelligence in the game engine in that the game will choose the most productive squares and what not. If pollution was cleaned and that square is more productive than another square, then it shouldn't be a problem for the resources to shift back just like they were originally shifted when the pollution appeared. That's my 2 cents.

Comment

Re: Solution to Pollution Problem

Originally posted by luegner
                  Personally I think the pollution problem can be addressed quite easily. The rules can stay the same where the pollution forces resources to reallocate BUT the game engine could be smart enough to reshift resources back to the polluted square if the square was previously be used as a resource. I have noticed some kind of intelligence in the game engine in that the game will choose the most productive squares and what not. If pollution was cleaned and that square is more productive than another square, then it shouldn't be a problem for the resources to shift back just like they were originally shifted when the pollution appeared. That's my 2 cents.
                  It's not as easy as it sounds. For example, when popution strike on your glassland square, the computer will automatically change its resource to another square, let's say "a hill with a gold mine on top of it". Unless, you specfically tell the AI governor that you want to produce food instead of gold, the computer would never know how to shift back to the glassland tile.

Morever, I have never used those AI governors. Those AIs are so stupid. If I tell them to produce food, they will only care about producing food and not happiness and so on.

Comment

Issue with AI governor?

Perhaps that's the problem. Maybe it's not that the AI governor is stupid but that when you tell it to produce food, it still doesn't reallocate the resource after the pollution has been cleaned up to the food producing square.

In my mind, most cities you build, you want to grow except for those select few which are placed on tundra and don't have a fart's chance in a windstorm of growing because you can't transform landscape like you could in civ2.

So they need to fix the AI governor in this case I would think.

Comment

AI governors remind me of Rainman - but dumber.

Comment

Simple rule, move the worker back as soon as any pollution is cleared up.

Comment

Originally posted by kimmygibler
                          Simple rule, move the worker back as soon as any pollution is cleared up.
                          Better yet, whenever a sector undergoes a change, the governor(s) of nearby cit[y/ies] should reevaluate whether or not to use that sector.

And while you're at it, Firaxis, it'd be nice if the Luxuries slider triggered this, too. As it stands, whenever I twiddle my luxuries, I have to go into the governor, turn off mood management, tap the center square on each city, and reactivate mood management.

I do this because sometimes spending money on luxuries gets you a profit. Other times it is so cheap that the gain in shields and food far outweigh the paltry cost (I've seen a gain of 2 foo and 1 shield per city for a net cost of 6 gold).

And the draft... (whether or not to use it is in a different thread)

And just about anything I do that might effect the mood of the city.

Comment

Just to add my $.02...

I agree it shouldn't automatically switch the resources off.

However, even more pressing for me is that there is no way to reduce the pollution of a city to 0 past a certain point of the game. While I know everyone will chime in with notions of realism because of traffic/people, etc...In my games I want a perfect future with no pollution.

SO I think the editor should have the ability to switch pollution totally off for a game, or you can make the pollution cleaning improvements 100% effective. It should at least be an option. I hate late game pollution hopping, it seriously detracts from the fun of the game. It's an exercise in tedium.
                            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                              However, even more pressing for me is that there is no way to reduce the pollution of a city to 0 past a certain point of the game.
                              Not even if your city (of size 13 or higher has no factory of any kind) has both the Mass Transit and the Recyling Center? I notice that if my city doesn't have a factory, the Mass Transit will reduce pollution down to 1. I wonder if adding a recyling center will reduce pollution to zero?

Comment

Originally posted by Moonsinger

Not even if your city (of size 13 or higher has no factory of any kind) has both the Mass Transit and the Recyling Center? I notice that if my city doesn't have a factory, the Mass Transit will reduce pollution down to 1. I wonder if adding a recyling center will reduce pollution to zero?
                                Not if you either have a factory or if the city is beyond a certain size. I'm not complaining about the realism...but I want the choice in the editor to switch pollution off so I'm not playing a game of "Civ3 Pollution Control" by the end of it.
                                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
                                X