Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FIRAXIS! Please fix this in your next patch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIRAXIS! Please fix this in your next patch!

I really hate it when my city automatically switch its production tile automatically when pollution strikes. Since I have enough workers to clean up all pollution in the current turn anyway, please don't switch my production to another tile. Now, I have to go into each of my cities that were polluted and change them back to what they were.

Thank you in advance.

This happens (I think) becuase no work can be done on the square until the pollution is cleaned up.

how is the game supposed to know when something is polluted, that it will only take one turn to clean? Sometimes it takes me several turns, especially early on and on a unroaded mountain. I would rather have the guy shifted than loose productivity and someone starve.

Comment

though I can see your point, if you want the city to starve, you should be able to keep that person working the field in the pollution, just not getting any benefit.

and after a while of working the polluted square, he could mutate or something. that would be c00l

Comment

In alpha centauri they had a 0 production symbol that showed when a worker was on a square that was not producting anything. They could easily re-implement that, and allow workers to be assigned to polluted sqares. However, I bet folks would start posting : "FIRAXIS! Please fix this in your next patch! My workers don't move automatically when a square gets polluted."

It is annoying to you (and me) to move them pack, but I bet the average (non-poly) player is more than happy to pay little attention to their city tiles being used, but would be annoyed if their city started starving because "that stupid worker is too dumb to move off of a tile that produces nothing".
        Fitz. (n.) Old English
        1. Child born out of wedlock.
        2. Bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by Fitz

It is annoying to you (and me) to move them pack, but I bet the average (non-poly) player is more than happy to pay little attention to their city tiles being used, but would be annoyed if their city started starving because "that stupid worker is too dumb to move off of a tile that produces nothing".
          that's true. perhaps the best thing would be to just implement this as a preference under the city governor? that way satisfying both camps?

Comment

Re: FIRAXIS! Please fix this in your next patch!

Originally posted by Moonsinger
            I really hate it when my city automatically switch its production tile automatically when pollution strikes. Since I have enough workers to clean up all pollution in the current turn anyway, please don't switch my production to another tile. Now, I have to go into each of my cities that were polluted and change them back to what they were.
            This is very annoying indeed. Much more annoying than the simple fact of having to clean up pollution. That's one of the reasons the late game can be so boring - you go from having to make interesting and challenging strategic decisions in the early game to working FOR pollution-related issues later on.

Maybe a sollution could be to postpone pollution effects under some conditions, ie, let the worker stay in the polluted tile for the whole turn, and if it is not cleaned by the end of the turn, he'll then have to change to another one.
            If some people don't like this, then it could be implemented as a new option and not a rule.

Comment

next patch

Also kindly include a map of real earth with actual starting positions..

Comment

Originally posted by Fitz
                Yes, I am the average (non-poly) player that you are talking about. In most of my games, I have over 400 workers working overtime to clean up all polutions within the same turn.
                Last edited by Moonsinger; April 30, 2002, 10:54.

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel
                  how is the game supposed to know when something is polluted, that it will only take one turn to clean? Sometimes it takes me several turns, especially early on and on a unroaded mountain. I would rather have the guy shifted than loose productivity and someone starve.
                  Solution: The computer should wait until the end of turn to shift workers different tile. That way, it gives us a chance to deal with poluttion first.

Comment

methinks you guys just need more workers....

Comment

Originally posted by deanrasche
                      methinks you guys just need more workers....
                      You are missing the point. I have enough workers to clean up all pollution within the same turn. Therefore, I hate it when the computer shifting my people to different tiles automatically at the beginning of every tuns. Since I have over 225 major cities, it's hard to track down the ones that have just been shifted (so I can shift it back to the ways they were).

Comment

Originally posted by Moonsinger

Since I have over 225 major cities, ...
                        225 major cities?!

I think it is incredible that you play the game at all...
                        I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

methinks you micromanage to much.......

but if that's the way you like to play, then I back this idea also.
                          Sorry....nothing to say!

Comment

You have 255 cities, and you call yourself an average player? How do you cope with the corruption?

255 cities... Hey, this reminds me about Civ2! Are you in the wrong forum?
                            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Heh, 3 persons posting at the same time, that must be some kind of record?
                              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
                              X