How do you rate the new patch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you rate the new patch?

Well, it seems that I am the first to post this poll...
    Great!
    25.81%
    Very good.
    51.61%
    Good.
    16.13%
    Average.
    6.45%
    Awful.
    0.00%
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

I vote very good. Settler diarrhea seems greatly moderated. New options (like killer arty, no barbs) are always welcome. Overall, gameplay is much better.

Comment

I too gave it a very good - not great, but it's a step in the right direction.

Comment

Re: How do you rate the new patch?

Originally posted by Alexnm
        Well, it seems that I am the first to post this poll...
        You're not really the first one :
        If you have installed the new Civ3 patch and played it for at least a few hours, please rate it on a scale of 5 to 10... Do you recommend this patch to players who are still undecided? (This is an official CivFanatics Quick Poll and is accessible from the right nav panel of the main page. :))
        Try my Lord of the Rings MAP out: Lands of Middle Earth v2 NEWS: Now It's a flat map, optimized for Conquests

The new iPod nano: nano

Comment

Civfanatics won't count .
          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Thank you, Solver...

Hagbart:

Although I must say that I cannot vote in my own poll, because i did not install the patch yet... Work...
            I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Its too soon to vote yet
              We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
              If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
              Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Very Good. Pity I can't vote properly .
                Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
                Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

From what I've seen, it's very good.

Comment

MMMM-MONSTER KILL-LL-L

Comment

Yet, another poll about CivIII.

Comment

Originally posted by Raion
                        Yet, another poll about CivIII.
                        What did you expect? a poll on gardening? ... this is the Civ3 forum after all...
                        "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                        "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

An excellent patch. Apart from the fact that there is still no minimap in the editor. But since I hardly use the editor for making maps, it hardly matters anyway.

Overall, it goes in the right direction, gradually making Civ III into the game we all want.
                          "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
                          "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
                          "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Carver
                            I vote very good. Settler diarrhea seems greatly moderated. . .
                            ?? "Seems". I wonder.

They still keep marching right into my territory and are very reluctant to leave; they teleport themsleves to open tiles they should not know exist; and sometimes the civ would rather declare war than leave. Civs drop off settlers via galleys on every open coast tile making the map resemble chicken pox.

Settlers have started towns on tundra surrounded by nothing but tundra (no forests).

Doesn't seem much better to me, but I am still playing it. . .

Comment

Since I can't vote banana, I'd have to vote: Great!
                              I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Working...
                              X