No announcement yet.

How do you rate the new patch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vote: very good. Seems to run a little slower than before.
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

That increased slowness has put the game back into perspective.
      Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
      Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

Originally posted by Thrawn05
        Since I can't vote banana, I'd have to vote: Great!
        I wanted to include the banana option, but then no one would have voted the other options...
        I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

[bump]
          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Very good. It's getting as good as it can get through patches.
            Editor is still weak for MODs though.

Comment

I gave it a good. From a patch standpoint, its an excellent upgrade. Unfortunately, I wouldn't consider the core game to be any better than good.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by PGM
                Very good. It's getting as good as it can get through patches.
                Editor is still weak for MODs though.
                Yeah, no mini-map in the editor is SOOOOO WEAK!!
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Overall I'm satisfied with 1.21f. I like the fact that inherited unhappiness has been reduced from 40 to 20 turns. Settler diaharrea as someone stated is indeed reduced somewhat.

One side note: It seems with each new patch people have yet another request to make. Either I wasn't paying attention at the very beginning of Civ3 discussions way back last summer or people are just inheritantly never satisfied.

1.16 to 1.17 (big item where's stacked movement?)

1.17 to 1.21 (hey where's the minimap)

Are these requests what we wanted all along or are we making them up as each new patch comes out? In some sort of bizzare way I feel sorry for Firaxis.
                  signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by Haupt. Dietrich
                    Overall I'm satisfied with 1.21f. I like the fact that inherited unhappiness has been reduced from 40 to 20 turns. Settler diaharrea as someone stated is indeed reduced somewhat.

One side note: It seems with each new patch people have yet another request to make. Either I wasn't paying attention at the very beginning of Civ3 discussions way back last summer or people are just inheritantly never satisfied.

1.16 to 1.17 (big item where's stacked movement?)

1.17 to 1.21 (hey where's the minimap)

Are these requests what we wanted all along or are we making them up as each new patch comes out? In some sort of bizzare way I feel sorry for Firaxis.
                    As far as I can remember there has been very few "new" requests along the way. Yes, many people complained about the lack of minimap in december, but as there were larger bugs to squish those complaints weren't as loud as others.

To me it seems like there are less negative words about Firaxis for every patch, just check the poll about 1.21f. I think they - with patches and (an) expansion pack(s) - truly can make the game so good that the negativity decreases even more. Of course there will always be some people complaining, you can't satisfy everyone, but as it is now, with everyone complaining about the same thing, I believe that can be avoided. And if the upcoming multiplayer will get as much attention and upgrading with patches (as it will probably need, no game/XP is perfect out of the box) as the standard game has gotten, I believe the complaints will pretty much cease.
                    /Cesa

Comment

Agreed Cesa

I'm pretty satisfied with the latest patch. Civ3 is indeed almost there and perhaps with another patch and XP we will then truely have a classic on our hands.
                      signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

after playing it a bit, i rate it, cool but weird. i mean, it feels cool but sometimes very odd.
                        still to be fixed, ai tech trading and tech rates in general

Comment

Working...
                        X