No announcement yet.

v1.21 is it worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, 1.21 is worth it. I upgraded directly from 1.16 and it's great. There are more options and stuff. Plus, the game doesn't seem to crash as much as it used to on my unstable system
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

patch

Does any know what happens idf you install 1.21f and leave 1.16 in. I noticed that in the add/remove files both appear there. I heard that you should uninstall the older patch before you install 1.21? If one does NOT uninstall the older patch and the 1.21 does not work well can you uninstall 1.21 from the add/remove file AND IF SO DOES 1.16 STILL WORK AS WAS BEFORE YOU INSTALLED 1.21?

Comment

Originally posted by Cesa
        Yes, it is worth it.

There are no serious bugs/annoyances left in the gameplay, not as far as I can see.
        Well I've read that the Domestic Advisor still rears her ugly head when you don't want her to. Oh well, maybe in the next patch.

Comment

Re: patch

Originally posted by roalan
          Does any know what happens idf you install 1.21f and leave 1.16 in. I noticed that in the add/remove files both appear there. I heard that you should uninstall the older patch before you install 1.21? If one does NOT uninstall the older patch and the 1.21 does not work well can you uninstall 1.21 from the add/remove file AND IF SO DOES 1.16 STILL WORK AS WAS BEFORE YOU INSTALLED 1.21?
          You don't have to worry about having previous patches. All the changes in them have been incorporated into the new one. It's not exactly practical to expect people to install 3 patches in order to play the game now is it? No software developer works that way, their customers would get annoyed rather quickly if they did.

Comment

patch

That was not my question. If you look in the add/remove file under control panel you will see all the patches installed listed separately. I realize the last patch covers all but looking in the add/remove file it appears you can uninstall each patch separately. If so and 1.21 is uninstalled does the last patch installed prior to 1.21 remain INTACT as when it was installed or when last changes were made to it's files?

Comment

Re: patch

Originally posted by roalan
              That was not my question. If you look in the add/remove file under control panel you will see all the patches installed listed separately. I realize the last patch covers all but looking in the add/remove file it appears you can uninstall each patch separately. If so and 1.21 is uninstalled does the last patch installed prior to 1.21 remain INTACT as when it was installed or when last changes were made to it's files?
              Ah yes I, see what you mean. I suspect that 1.21 would over write the previous patches, even the original game, so that if you didn't want to use it anymore, you'd have to uninstall the game, then put it back adding the patch you wanted. There's only the one .exe file, and it gets replaced everytime a new patch is added, so there's probably no way other than removing the game first to get rid of it. I'm not positive about that though, I'm just making a logical assumption.

Comment

patch

sound logical to me. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                X