No announcement yet.

Prisoners of war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whoa... thanks, Tuberski, I hereby stand corrected. D'oh!

By the way: Does the 50% stay the same even when you've eliminated the workers' home civilization?
    Lime roots and treachery!
    "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

foreign worker penalty is forever.

however industrial civs have 2x faster workers, even slave workers!

Comment

Originally posted by romelus
        foreign worker penalty is forever.

however industrial civs have 2x faster workers, even slave workers!
        They still aren't as fast as your will be. Don't know why.
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

This is how I would do it. When a unit is almost dead, it has the option to become a POW (concript units are more likly, since they are drafted units that didn't really get the hardcore marine training).

Once a POW, that civ that captured them would be able to trade them back the civ that the unit game from ONLY during the Peace Treaty deal, not before or after.

Exchange is a 1 to 1 ratio for the AI. If you can't get that unit back, the unit will be forever lost, unless another war started. No other way of compensation can be used to get the unit back (which mean no gold, techs, or rescources).

To the Civ that holds the POW, that unit will not be on the map. Instead, you'll be able to see it in the POW box on the bottom on the military advisor's screen.

There are several options you could do to those POWs before the war ends.

1: Intaragate: Retreaves military unit information from them as if you planted a spy to that civ. Only works once, and POW unit is removed from game. That civ will get pissed though.

2: Worker: Depending on the number of shield units, you can turn that unit into workers. They act like other POW workers. However, you would be able to trade them latter to that other civ just like any other worker.

3: Execute: You really don't like that civ? Well, kill them.

These are just some thoughts about the subject.
          I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

i still prefer my way, put them in a camp (City improvement) to increase production (Sheilds or what ever), would be even better if you could make them do trips out of the citys to work the land.
            (I know your American prisons do that some times)
            Help negate the vegiterian movement!
            For every animal you don't eat! I'm gunna eat three!!

Comment

Originally posted by HazieDaVampire
              i still prefer my way, put them in a camp (City improvement) to increase production (Sheilds or what ever), would be even better if you could make them do trips out of the citys to work the land.
              (I know your American prisons do that some times)

Not anymore. Some hardcore liberals decided that it unethical to put prisoners to work out in the feild. Well, the only thing they can do outside is pick up trash with a stick.
              I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

lol, You could still do it on Civ3. I feel like passing a law to ban liberals in my civ when civ3 comes

- God damn thing was SUPPOSED to come this morning, i suppose it'll come tomorrow morning!
                Help negate the vegiterian movement!
                For every animal you don't eat! I'm gunna eat three!!

Comment

Originally posted by HisMajestyBOB
                  Nah, I don't think its worth the effort. Besides, once soldiers become POWs and are later released, most of them return to civilian life.
                  Good point. Which means that the simplest approach would be to have all captured units change to workers.

Comment

Working...
                  X