We should all be ashamed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Outrageously Hedged Bets]
    Scripting will be in. If nothing else, Mike just wants to prove that his system can work as well as SLIC to shut me and Locutus up about it
    [/OHB]
    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

The problem is that some whining is constructive, yet the type seen today is derogatory, it makes them take Apolyton less seriously.
      Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
      Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

Ahhh........

but who is taking them seriously????

*Sid Meier runs out of room with a bathrobe on and shaving cream on his face to confront the gamers who have broken into his house*

Go away! Go away! We will give you a patch!

*gamers club Sid with his Civ3 manual and take him outside where they burn him as a witch*

Comment

Did anybody capture the chat to a log? If so, please post...

-- twistedx

Comment

Why should we all be ashamed. Not all of us were there. The actions of a few reprobates( you know who you are ) don't reflect on me.

Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

MarkG will post the log in due course.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Re: The Chat

Originally posted by PatLasch
                The chat really was disappointing. Between server issues, the no comments, and the rest of it. There really wan't much information. Mostly it was a "we can't talk about that." session. I like the patch, but the chat was a waste of time.
                Reading this I consider myself lucky that I've preferred some good old fashioned Belgian beers this evening/night ...

AJ
                " Deal with me fairly and I'll allow you to breathe on ... for a while. Deal with me unfairly and your deeds shall be remembered and punished. Your last human remains will feed the vultures who circle in large numbers above the ruins of your once proud cities. "
                - emperor level all time
                - I'm back !!! (too...)

Comment

Here's the log from the first part of it that I was in, if anyone wants to get their hands on it:
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hear Hear, Tuberski
                    Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
                    Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

Tuberski. You're getting better at the post hunt.

AJ. It wasn't all bad. I think Firaxians took a few things away from it. I learned a bit. It wasn't as good as the last one though. The Firaxians were obviously in more of a lock down mode. Something is afoot (my guess) and they seem to be under pain of death to not reveal anything about it.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

NYE: 309 and counting , besides we now have something to talk about.

Just from what I have heard about the chat I would guess you may be correct. Others are predicting doom for anything else to be implemented, but I don't think so.

Comment

Re: We should all be ashamed!

Originally posted by ACooper
                          Many of us came to get simple questions answered only to be asaulted by the civ-haters and multi-player whiner crowd. It was disgraceful and sad.
                          I wasn't there so I can't a test to the uncivil conduct you are refering to but I must say you could stand a little "adjusting" too. What's with calling people who enjoy MP whiners? Face the facts Cooper, these people have every right to have their questions anwsered just like you do. Even if they're concerned about different issues.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Re: Re: We should all be ashamed!

Originally posted by Oerdin

I wasn't there so I can't a test to the uncivil conduct you are refering to but I must say you could stand a little "adjusting" too. What's with calling people who enjoy MP whiners? Face the facts Cooper, these people have every right to have their questions anwsered just like you do. Even if they're concerned about different issues.

This is part of it "UberKruX-Wheres-Multiplayer" that was his login name. And aparently(?) he got booted out for continuously repeating it. That is AFAIK.

Comment

Seems the Firaxians can't please anyone

I'm happy....but my wife says I'm easy.
                              "And that, my friends, sucks goat ass." ---Venger---

Comment

I'm happy....but my wife says I'm easy.

It was worth reading through this entire (painful) thread just for that comment!!
                                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
                                X