We should all be ashamed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We should all be ashamed!

Tonight's chat was the worst display of uncivil conduct I have seen in a long time. I won't mention any names but there were several 'people' tonight who showed what idiots they could be. Many of us came to get simple questions answered only to be asaulted by the civ-haters and multi-player whiner crowd. It was disgraceful and sad.

We all should be ashamed.
    Sorry....nothing to say!

Shut up! It's just a chat.

(no offence)
    Try my Lord of the Rings MAP out: Lands of Middle Earth v2 NEWS: Now It's a flat map, optimized for Conquests

The new iPod nano: nano

Comment

Originally posted by Hagbart
      Shut up! It's just a chat.
      It's supposed to be useful. Whining about stupid things like mini-maps over and over is not helpful.
      Sorry....nothing to say!

Comment

He can voice his opinon just like you can but I agree with him, but FIRAXIS should have at least talked a little.
        "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
        - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Comment

lol
          Try my Lord of the Rings MAP out: Lands of Middle Earth v2 NEWS: Now It's a flat map, optimized for Conquests

The new iPod nano: nano

Comment

You guys can flame away. I got to go to dinner with the in-laws.
            Sorry....nothing to say!

Comment

flame? bah. firaxis' "no comment" stance on the three questions i asked (MP, XP, Minimap) is pure bullplop.
              "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
              - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX
                flame? bah. firaxis' "no comment" stance on the three questions i asked (MP, XP, Minimap) is pure bullplop.
                I thought you had gotten yourself banned.

Glad to see your still around.
                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I just want to see the transcript/recording of it all.

Missed it.

Comment

I missed it too. The java chatroom didn't seem to work.
                    Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
                    Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

The Java Chatroom was working - it just took a long time to get into it.
                      "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                      "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX
                        flame? bah. firaxis' "no comment" stance on anything of even minor relevance is pure bullplop.
                        Fixed it up a bit for you. I'm sure this is what you meant.

Comment

Re: We should all be ashamed!

Originally posted by ACooper
                          Tonight's chat was the worst display of uncivil conduct I have seen in a long time. I won't mention any names but there were several 'people' tonight who showed what idiots they could be. Many of us came to get simple questions answered only to be asaulted by the civ-haters and multi-player whiner crowd. It was disgraceful and sad.

We all should be ashamed.

Firaxis should be ashamed of its beta product.

And most of the "whining" around here seems to come from the fanboys and other Firaxis flacks.

Comment

The Chat

The chat really was disappointing. Between server issues, the no comments, and the rest of it. There really wan't much information. Mostly it was a "we can't talk about that." session. I like the patch, but the chat was a waste of time.

Comment

Re: The Chat

Originally posted by PatLasch
                              I like the patch, but the chat was a waste of time.
                              Much like the conversation on this thread. So how many times have we argued these points before? Too many to count. Lay off it, guys: Let those who like it like it and those who hate it hate it.

PS: Hats off to Coracle for making this thread, originally about the chat, into another complainer vs. complainer thread.
                              Lime roots and treachery!
                              "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Working...
                              X