X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PATCH v1.21f bugs and issues.

We need one of these don't we?
    /Cesa

Yeah. The 'only play from the CDROM you installed from' thing seems to have returned.
    Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
    Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

????????

What's happening here?

I've just downloaded and tried to start a new game:

1) on the main screen there's still 1.17f, no sign of 1.21f
      2) I CAN'T START A NEW GAME. THAT OPTION IS DEAD !!!!
      (can reload old games though)

WHAT'S WRONG?

AJ

edit: everything OK right now
      Last edited by AJ Corp. The FAIR; April 19, 2002, 13:58.
      " Deal with me fairly and I'll allow you to breathe on ... for a while. Deal with me unfairly and your deeds shall be remembered and punished. Your last human remains will feed the vultures who circle in large numbers above the ruins of your once proud cities. "
      - emperor level all time
      - I'm back !!! (too...)

Comment

This might be interesting for some people, from Civfanatics:

Mike, how do you add new units with this patch?

Well, you weren't supposed to be able to add new units before... The rename/cancel/'a' method was a bug that's been fixed. Adding new units is not yet supported.
        /Cesa

Comment

That is not what we want too hear. This thread should be empty.
          Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
          Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

Bug reports people. Bug reports. Not 'I don't like this' or 'I don't like that'.

AJ. Try running the patch. Install it rather than just downloading it and letting it sit like a blob (believe it or not, some people have). Either that or something went wrong when you did install it.

Very few actual bugs reported at CFC so far, except for a transient scrolling bug with 1.17 saved games.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I'll try NYE and will be back.

AJ

PS: What are the conditions for your lease space?
              " Deal with me fairly and I'll allow you to breathe on ... for a while. Deal with me unfairly and your deeds shall be remembered and punished. Your last human remains will feed the vultures who circle in large numbers above the ruins of your once proud cities. "
              - emperor level all time
              - I'm back !!! (too...)

Comment

Got a rare crash I never had before. seems now randomly you can get a fatal error @ civ3.exe from 'sound.dll' it only happens rarely and the game can be reloaded and continued from the last autosave point.

Only 'problem' I've noticed so far.

Chaing
                You're a star-belly sneech, you suck it like a leech! You want everyone to act like you. Kiss ass while you ***** so you can get rich while your boss gets richer off you! Well you'll work harder with a gun in your back, for a bowl of rice a day. Slave to soldiers til you starve, then your heads impaled on a stake!

The framework of the world is - black and white! The infrastructure builders - flex their might! Turning true emotion into digital expression, one by one we all fall down. The grey race shrivels, trapped inside. The world it creates is black and white.

Comment

Civ-Editor crashes on German OS

Running the Civ3-Editor and selecting "scenario properties" crashes the editor on a German OS.

I already wrote Firaxis-Mike about this, looks like we can expect another patch-patch
                  Kai · Team www.civilized.de

Comment

Sorry. Also evident from CFC. Versions other than English and/or other than English OS seem to be having problems in the editor.
                    Last edited by notyoueither; April 19, 2002, 06:14.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Starting Locations

I saw "Set Active Players" on the Editor & attempted to set the starting location of Rome, by setting Rome as the active player & then placing a "Player Start" icon. I saved the map then attempted to "load scenario" & an empty box came up with a "O X" (Yes & No) as options. ??? I hit "O" (Yes) & got to the Game Options Screen where I made myself Rome. I did not get the Starting Position I planned in the editor.

So what does Set Active Player do if you cannot use it for that?

Comment

I've also got the empty popup screen (When you change playerdata, but don't change the rules I think)
                        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by Cesa
                          This might be interesting for some people, from Civfanatics:
                          Yeah and the C3MT doesn't work with the new BIC format either. Looks like they don't really want any true mods to civ3, just some rule changing scenarios.

I mean, maybe it was a bug before, but since many people used it successfully, why not just let it go. Now what will happen to the mod community?
                          Yours in gaming,
                          ~Luc

Comment

Civ specifics changed?

I jsut started a new game in 1.21f with my own symmetrical map.

I generally play the Egyptians but this time I wanted to have Industrious, Scientific. To my surprise I had to select the Persians instead of the Chinese. I noted that also a couple of other Civ's had different specifics then before. Does anyone else have the same changes or is this something that occurs only if you play your own map?

I also tried the Player option but it did not work in my case either.

Great is that if you made your own map and added a description in the properties panel, you will see this description before the game starts. Cool. Did not yet use many of the other editor changes but they sure look promising.

So far everything else went fine in my game. Am at the end of the ancient age now.
                            Franses (like Ramses).

Comment

Originally posted by Elucidus

Yeah and the C3MT doesn't work with the new BIC format either. Looks like they don't really want any true mods to civ3, just some rule changing scenarios.

I mean, maybe it was a bug before, but since many people used it successfully, why not just let it go. Now what will happen to the mod community?
                              I'll have the CopyTool up and working for 1.21f soon, but there re still a few things to sort out. The SGE hoever will have to wait. I don't know if I ever will find the compression algorithm used, and in case I don't the SGE is deas for ever. I'll still keep it in the file until all localized versions are up to 1.21f.
                              Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Working...
                              X