Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also want a zoom out feature.

Comment

Mini-Map is essential to map creation. However it should be 'toggleable' so you don't inadvertently see someone elses scenario map if wanted to tweak the rules a bit.....
      Get 84 Resources, 96 Resources, or the NEW 153 Resources! Get Rockier Bonus Grassland versions1.0 or 2.0! Get My Mix of Snoopy and Womocks early terrain! Get Varied Goody Huts!
      Upcoming Mods - Optimator (with over 1000 new units!!!) & Godzilla, Revenge of the Kaiju!
      I am in dire need of new dino and Kaiju units!

Comment

Originally posted by Hagbart
        I bet they could make one in a day max.
        And you know this because you are intimately familiar with the source code of the editor? You've worked on it personally and conducted intensive studies regarding precisely what it would take to add a minimap? You are not the only one who wants a mini-map - it's something that's been asked for since 1.16 at least. However, as it is not required to make a good map (look around) and there are many, MANY other more pressing issues with the game (some which may even be resolved eventually, but who knows?) a minimap in the editor is not a huge priority. And, it may take more than a day to implement.

I wish you had included in your poll the option "I hate you, Hagbart."

Comment

Originally posted by Kilroy_Alpha

And you know this because you are intimately familiar with the source code of the editor? You've worked on it personally and conducted intensive studies regarding precisely what it would take to add a minimap? You are not the only one who wants a mini-map - it's something that's been asked for since 1.16 at least. However, as it is not required to make a good map (look around) and there are many, MANY other more pressing issues with the game (some which may even be resolved eventually, but who knows?) a minimap in the editor is not a huge priority. And, it may take more than a day to implement.

Oh well then, we shouldn't forget the fourth option: "Rack off and Chill out Kilroy"

Seriously...
          Maybe they are looking at the Map editor as a development task with zooming. I would think that they are dependent.
          ------------------------------------
          Cheers
          Exeter.
          -------------------------------------

Comment

Why do newbies always skip on the banana option? Banana's as a resource are more important than you minimap.
            Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
            Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilroy_Alpha

Ok, I'll shut up now!
              Try my Lord of the Rings MAP out: Lands of Middle Earth v2 NEWS: Now It's a flat map, optimized for Conquests

The new iPod nano: nano

Comment

Originally posted by Grrr
                Why do newbies always skip on the banana option? Banana's as a resource are more important than you minimap.
                Yes! Go bananas! Maybe a mandatory visit to the OT-forum for all newbies?
                I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Hear Hear. Kamrat X.

Comment

Nah, then we'd have to wade through even more Wiglaf-style posts

For the mini-map, I would not personally use it. I can't design maps well at all. However I do support it based on the fact that people who design maps would need this feature to design their maps efficiently without going insane. Thus, Yes.
                    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

"No I don't care" is really two of the possible answers. That is "No" or "I don't care".

Some that voted for "No I don't care", might have voted for "I don't care" - like I did...

Sorry but I am just a bit grumpy at the moment...

Comment

I agree with YC4B4U

Comment

Working...
                        X