• Show
Clear All

• Minimap in Editor

Do you want a minimap in the Editor?
    Yes I want it!
    69.23%
    No I don't care!
    30.77%
    Try my Lord of the Rings MAP out: Lands of Middle Earth v2 NEWS: Now It's a flat map, optimized for Conquests

The new iPod nano: nano

I don´t care really. I never mod. But you must REALLY want it, this is like the 10th post I´ve seen from you on this subject...
    I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Originally posted by Kamrat X
      I don´t care really. I never mod. But you must REALLY want it, this is like the 10th post I´ve seen from you on this subject...
      Yes I'm not gonna make any new maps before I get a minimap. It is very annoying that I have to start civ3 and end the game each time i want to see the map! And now I can't even use the multi-cheat to view the map anymore!
      Some zoom-abilities in the Editor would be nice too.
      Try my Lord of the Rings MAP out: Lands of Middle Earth v2 NEWS: Now It's a flat map, optimized for Conquests

Comment

Of course.
        Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
        Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

Its almost impossible to make maps without a mini-map. So of course thre should be one, and it shouldnt be too hard to add ot the editor, they already have a mini map in the game
          The Civ3 world is one where stealth bombers are unable to sink galleons, Man-O-Wars are a powerful counter to battleships, and knights always come equipped with the AT-S2 Anti-Tank Sword.

The Simwiz2 Combat Mod Version 2.0 is available for download! See the changes here. You can download it from the CivFanatics Thread or the Apolyton Thread.

Comment

I'm glad they have spent there time on more important things. Like the game.

Why would you want to play on a map where you already know where everything is?
            Sorry....nothing to say!

Comment

I bet they could make one in a day max.

Comment

Originally posted by ACooper
                I'm glad they have spent there time on more important things. Like the game.

I often revise a generated map to tone down anomolies of Mountains, jungle and tundra.

I find that by the time i've finished the whole map I have no idea of where things are when I go to play.

Makes for a more interesting game... doesn;t give an AI civ much of a chance when they are placed in the middle of a 15*15 vast terrain of tundra.

So to this... a minimap would be very nice!
                ------------------------------------
                Cheers
                Exeter.
                -------------------------------------

Comment

To me it's not an emergency : coherent maps have been made with the Editor, so this is possible if you have much method and motivation. I consider that flat maps should come first (how I long for a flat Europe or Asia map)
                  Didn't vote
                  "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                  "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                  "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by ACooper
                    If someone else made the map I wouldn't know where everything is.

Comment

no
                      don't care about the map editor.

Hagbart "It is very annoying that I have to start civ3 and end the game each time i want to see the map!"

I guess I understand your point, but to me that would take away a lot of the fun of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel

I guess I understand your point, but to me that would take away a lot of the fun of the game.
                        Then why not make it toggle-able (is that even a word?)? A little button to turn it on and off on the tool bar would allow people who are editing a map to actually see where they are going without ruining your surprise.
                        Making the Civ-world a better place (and working up to King) one post at a time....

Comment

Originally posted by N. Machiavelli

Then why not make it toggle-able (is that even a word?)? A little button to turn it on and off on the tool bar would allow people who are editing a map to actually see where they are going without ruining your surprise.
                          yeah, I know and understand, I was just feeling obnoxious when I said that. I think after seeing him post the minimap thing multiple times on this site as well as civfan, i was feeling irritated.

Comment

Re: Minimap in Editor

Originally posted by Hagbart
                            Do you want a minimap in the Editor?
                            Absolutely
                            Blah

Comment

yes

i think most modders and mapmakers would agree this would be an awesome addition.

ALSO: we need a replacement for the multi.sav cheat so we can check if the AI is working with our mod to keep a balanced game or whether our mod horribly cripples the AI. without that, I am not sure whether the AI is imploding because of some specific mod change or whether it would do that anyways.

other than that, most of the rest of the patch looks good.
                              Proud Citizen of the Civ 3 Demo Game
                              Retired Justice of the Court, Staff member of the War Academy, Staff member of the Machiavelli Institute
                              Join the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game! ~ Play the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game!
                              Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Comment

Working...
                              X