Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTF is the 'f' for after the Patch #? I want a G! Firaxis doesn't listen to the fans!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey JW. Do this.

Get a small rectangle of tape. 15mm x 10mm should do.

Write "1.21g" on it.

Attach it to the lower left corner of your monitor.

All your programs will be ver 1.21g

I'd say you'd be in heaven.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar Warrior

You mean Firaxis is going to force me to buy another version of the game to get what I want?

EXACTLY!! Firaxis makes sloppy beta games, but they market to the suckers well.

BTW, Jaguar Warrior, your icon/avatar is highly offensive, anti-American, and makes a mockery of the U.S. flag. It is also the kind of thing we can see on anti-Semitic Aryan Nations sites.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither

Get a small rectangle of tape. 15mm x 10mm should do.
        Open %civ3%\Text\version.txt. etc
        CiviPort

Comment

Originally posted by Encomium
          BTW, Jaguar Warrior, your icon/avatar is highly offensive, anti-American, and makes a mockery of the U.S. flag. It is also the kind of thing we can see on anti-Semitic Aryan Nations sites.
          Gee... I'm an american, and I don't find it offensive. And that's the point, it's offensive in YOUR OPINION. I personally find many people's avatar's offensive, but unless we get TONS of complaints, we let them be. So just chill. Your complaint has been registered.
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph
            IIRC the Mac versions have a 'g' as last letter. So go buy a Mac.
            I DID buy a Mac. And after I did a memory upgrade, I bought Civ3 Mac. And then I DID update to 1.17g!

Of course, with me the strange thing was that I bought a WinDOZE computer (my 1st one ever), to play Civ3. :fanboy: :fanboy:

If the Mac version plays well, and I can use the Editor (even if it's on Virtual PC on the Mac), then I just might sell my PC. I'll take 2-3 months to find out.

Comment

Now this is a funny post!
              Sorry....nothing to say!

Comment

Civ2 FW also had some letter behind its version number... Even more strangely, the executable on the CD and the on my harddrive (unpacked from somewhere on the very same CD) have a different letter.

Sorry for the off-topic reply.... But AFAIK, unless you see something completely different from what I'm seeing, his avatar is a sign of support for both the Americans and the Israelis, mixing the two flags together. It would be anti-Palestinian if anything.
                Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Originally posted by Ming

Gee... I'm an american, and I don't find it offensive. And that's the point, it's offensive in YOUR OPINION. I personally find many people's avatar's offensive, but unless we get TONS of complaints, we let them be. So just chill. Your complaint has been registered.

I find MY avatar offensive. But I can't change it for another couple hundred posts......thus posts like this.....

Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

EXACTLY!! Firaxis makes sloppy beta games, but they market to the suckers well.

Ok, let's take bets on which of the two paragraphs were jokes. Its really hard to say.
                    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

I find myself offensive.

BTW, great thread. Havn't seen a good thread to reply too in a while now. Thanks for the free post count JW.

I do think F means final, as in, this patch is ready to ship, and there fore it is final. That, or they only bother to test the patch six times.
                      I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowlord
                        The 'f' probably means "final"... It makes sense in a twisted sort of way, although I still haven't managed to wrap my mind around the fact that there's 10 Final Fantasies. Yes...

Maybe they should make it 1.21p, p for patch. Or better yet, just drop the letter :P.
                        lol, there are 11 actually...........Those are people who know how to please thier customers!!!

Comment

And what's this 1.21? What happened to 18, 19 and 20. Do they think we are complete fools?!!! I want ALL of the updates, not just the ones they "CHOOSE" to give us.
                          I'd rather have a German division in front of me than a French division behind me.--Patton

Comment

Originally posted by LoneWolf
                            And what's this 1.21? What happened to 18, 19 and 20. Do they think we are complete fools?!!! I want ALL of the updates, not just the ones they "CHOOSE" to give us.
                            maybe 18, 19, and 20 sucked worse than before....would you still want them? My guess is maybe, just maybe they did a little playtesting, found problems and corrected those, meaning another patch number change.
                            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

After this miserable failure, you think they suddenly decided to start playtesting???

Why the heck would you think that?!?!?!

have them save it for Civ4, if anyone buys it....

Comment

Is it turning nasty in here?
                                Sorry....nothing to say!

Comment

Working...
                                X