An alternative name for Civ4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hagbart
    why are you already talking about civ4, they haven't even started creating that game!
    BECAUSE CIV III SUCKS RAW FISH EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HAVE A DAY.
    <--- Quote by Former U.S. President Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt
    "And there will be strange events in the skies--signs in the sun, moon, and stars. And down here on earth the nations will be in turmoil, perplexed by the roaring seas and strange tides. The courage of many people will falter because of the fearful fate they see coming upon the earth, because the stability of the very heavens will be broken up. Then everyone will see the Son of Man arrive on the clouds with power and great glory. So when all these things begin to happen, stand straight and look up, for your salvation is near!" --Luke 21:25-28
    For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the call of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, all the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and remain with him forever. --1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

Comment

If I look at Civ3 I think it should be named :

"Sid Meier's Militarization"

Comment

I would hopefully be able to called it 'Better than Civ3'
        'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna

Comment

May be we can chose between choice like:
          "This Time Not Rushed Civilization"
          "Sim Civ, from the designer better know for his Sim Golf serie"
          "A massive multiplayer Civ as you never saw since... well, as you never saw"
          "Civ IV public beta"
          "RoN - Rise of civilizatioN"
          "Civ four the Cashcow"
          "X-Civ for X-Box (X-rated with nude Cleopatra, Elizabeth, Joanne D'Arc - parental locking available)"
          "CivilizApolyton" - already mentioned above with different words
          "UnCivilization" - a prequel to the Civilization serie
          "Oh, no! More Civilization" - with forced automated workers as smart as Lemmings wandering around brainless
          "Another Civ 4 You"

Ok, more pun than enough, I suppose (if any survive to my raw english).

Just Kidding, Of Course
          Oh, I forgot mine preferred:
          "Civ IV? No thanks, I'm trying to quit"
          "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
          - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Name for Civ4??

"A Civ III that WORKS".

Subtitle? "Sid Meier Apologizes for Civ III".

Comment

CivTP3.5
              Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
              "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

I can already visualize the new box:
                "Sid Meier's self-designed Civilization IV - including the AMAZING Simgolf 2 preview version!"
                Last edited by Aries; April 9, 2002, 11:51.

Comment

Originally posted by Coracle
                  Name for Civ4??

"A Civ III that WORKS".

Subtitle? "Sid Meier Apologizes for Civ III".
                  I second that!

Comment

how about:

Sid Meier's "I fired Infogrames and published it my own dang self" Civilization IV.
                    "Government isn't the solution to our problems; Government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

No, I don't have Civ4 yet...

Comment

How about: "I Can't Believe It's Not Civ3" ?

Miznia
                      I hate oral!!

Comment

Sid and Brian's Armchair Deity.
                        "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

"Civ 3 for Dummies"

Comment

Civ4: A Spearmen Too Strong
                            I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

CivWars: Return of Mount(ed) Rush-more

Comment

OK I look at some of the above suggestions and see some intersting abreviations:

From Ixnai - Sid Meier's Ultimate Civilization - SMUC (what is this a sucky version of SMAC)

From Thinker - EXTreme Civilization - EXTC (an addictive game that turns you into a drooling idiot, making whoopy with any Civ you make contact with)

Course Ultimate Civilization! becomes UC! (Probably the sound most people will make)

Course my own preference is:

Sid Meier's Civ4
                                Subtitled "With this release I can finally finish my throne room"
                                "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Working...
                                X