Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: wow...

Originally posted by spicytimothy
    wow... ppl around here are kinda negative since I last posted... let me try to crack this...

ok, first, that website that cephyn gave me do not convince me. It just doesn't look convincing. There's a lot of things on the internet, "(just look it up on the internet)"?? u know there's many crazy things online... n e one can put up a website that claims n e thing...

About whether Great Wall is one of the 7 wonders or not: I admit, I don't have factual backings for this one. I'm just speaking from my education of 18 years from Hong Kong, Thailand, and the United States.

Bleyn: I'm not sure if there's "4" Greek wonders... that's why I typed: "like... 4 wonders?"I was like... thinking roughly

Back to the visibility thingy: what is the definition of space to u guys?? to me is when u zoom into the Earth from outer space, the first manmade structure u can c is the Great Wall. If you are talking about somewhere like... right above the atmosphere or... in between the moon and the earth, yeah u might be able to c something else... a airport runway?? u hv n e idea how small that is?? it fits in a city!

and the most outrageous thing: TinCow, the website that u gave us proved itself to be wrong:
    "the Great Wall seems to be made largely of materials that have the same color as the surrounding soil."
    The Great Wall is surrounded by deep forest, except certain important gates and the extension that is in the desert nowadays.

Here i have some links that I believe to have more credentials:

NASA of US Gov't:
    http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/radar/sircxsar/gwall.html

Discovery Channel Online
    http://www.discovery.com/stories/his.../satphoto.html

ok that is all. Bye bye!
    I hate you. Mainly because ur using aol spk omgwtfdood but also because those links you posted CONTAIN ONLY RADAR IMAGES. AND SNOPES SAID THAT THE GREAT WALL IS VISIBLE ONLY USING RADAR IMAGERY. SO YOU DIDN'T READ THE SNOPES ARTICLE AND YET COMMENTED ON THE CREDIBILITY AND YOU DIDN'T EVEN READ THE DAMN ARTICLE. AND, FOR SOME REASON YOU DON'T THINK OF SNOPES AS CREDIBLE WHEN IT'S THE #1 NUMERO UNO (READ: BEST) SKEPTICS SIGHT ON THE NET. AND YOU'VE NEVER HEARD OF IT. AND I'M TYPING IN ALL CAPS. AND I HATE YOU.

Comment

Originally posted by Salvor
      The Great Wall is the only individual man-made object discernable from the surface of the moon with the naked eye.
      I hate you too. The rest of your post was alright but then you said this and ruined the whole thing. You CANNOT discern an object 10 meters wide from a distance of 400,000 kilometers. Ten meters subtends an angle of around 0.000000716 degrees (yes I just did the calcs, I suggest you do them too) from that distance. This is equivelent to looking at a human hair from a distance of 2 kilometers - regardless of "length" btw (yes I did these calcs too).

So to sum up for those who still missed it, IF YOU CAN SEE THE GREAT WALL FROM THE MOON, THEN YOU CAN SEE THE HAIR IN SOMEONE'S SOUP OVER A MILE AWAY. As far as low earth orbit is concerned troll all you want, snopes has it dead on just like everything else.

Seriously, what is wrong with you people? Please think JUST A LITTLE BIT, JUST A TAD before you post. It's like I've discovered a forum populated completely by Mensa trolls, only no one would ever qualify for Mensa.

Christ.

Comment

Working...
      X