removing the non-upgradable units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willem
    I kind of disagree with converting them to Tanks myself. I think it would be to overpowering to suddenly have a mass of them through upgrading. I've chosen Marines in my game.
    If I am the first civ to get Motorized Transportation, intend to use this short-lived (at least in v1.17) advantage to attack a neighbouring civ, but cannot upgrade to tanks, I simply switch to tank production in my core cities, disband my rallied cavalry units there (at least one per city and turn) and rush-buy the lacking shields. This usually requires two or three turns of heavy micro-management, but the overall effect is the same as with upgradable cavalry: a sudden mass of tanks.

That is, the overall effect for the human player. The AI, while apparently capable of upgrading since v1.17, won't do the disband/rush-buy combo. Which makes my mass of tanks rather overpowering.
    "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

just a question i need some help im creating a workshop program for my civ3 ( IT WILL NOT BR COMMING OUT ON THE NET FOR AVAIBILITY SO DONT ASK ) but im having problems getting some graphics for new units. where can i get some or will some 1 be willing to design me some? as im a total non artist...
      Man causes all problems. No man, no problems. - Stalin

Comment

(IT WILL NOT BR COMMING OUT ON THE NET FOR AVAIBILITY SO DONT ASK)
        Why?

Comment

The is another problem with setting, say cavalry, to upgrade to tanks but not checking the 'upgrade' button in the editor.

Knights upgrade to cavalry and have 'upgrade' button enabled. Once you get motorized transportation, you can upgrade knights directly to tanks by hitting upgrade. Oh well, I agree with asleepatthewheel above - just show restraint. And let the AI have this one advantage, it comes nowhere near the reload advantage the human player has.
          - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
          - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
          - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

Working...
          X