Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Civ3 _feel_ like Civ2 to you? (4 options.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally, to me Civ3 feels a bit towards Aok than "pure" Civ ....... I just want a more polished Civ2 with a better AI
    It feels like AoK?

voted #2, the only thing I really hate in civ3 is the corruption. Even if my government is democracy, my cities have courthouse + policestation and there´s everywhere "we love the president day" - cities in distance from the capital or forbidden palace are nearly useless for production.
    Yeah the corruption is extreme, and as you say this happens with a democracy that has the least corruption. Hopefully it will be addressed in a patch (or at least give us the ability to edit it better without jumping through hoops).

Has anyone tried to conquer the whole world on a huge map at higher levels and succeeded without changing the ci3mod-file?
    I'm pretty sure it could be done. It just means you raze the cities as you go rather than attempting to incorporate them into your civ (you just keep a few as air bases). I pretty much had to do that in one of the tournament games (#5 I think) where all of the other civs were aggressive. I ended up with my civ and a virtually clean map (but it wasnt a huge map and it was only monarch).
    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
    If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
    Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by Nebulus
      Has anyone tried to conquer the whole world on a huge map at higher levels and succeeded without changing the ci3mod-file?
      Doesnt democracy eliminate corruption? Is this not the case on the higher levels? How do you change the civ3 mod-file?
      ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
      ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

In CIV3 democracy doesnt eliminate corruption (like it did in CIV2) but it has the least corruption. As far as I know we cant do any more except add buildings to reduce corruption. The effect of police stations reducing corruption in 1.17 comes from folks adding that mod prior to the patch (or was it the courthouse?). In the editor you can add "reduces corruption" to virtually any building. For me some make sense and some dont.
        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
        If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
        Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Working...
        X