No announcement yet.

Who do you pick on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I pick on anyone who's annoyed with me for no appearant reason.

Spec.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

The British. I always pick them as a civ, (often the rest random,) I always get put next to them, and I always attack them. Its like a tradition. Every single time, they try to come up with a new way to beat me, but they never do.
      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Brutus66
        I play as the English, and I naturally pick on the French as they are my historical enemy.

These comments are so true- my unique unit can't kill anything!!!
        Yeah, England got screwed with the Man-o-War, but I could actually see the attributes being decent on a huge world. Commercial is a weaker attribute than it should be, too, which hurts them.

-Arrian

p.s. Anyone seen the irony in the Civ that started the Industrial Revolution not being Industrious
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Yep, I've pointed that out myself before Arrian.

Thing is with the English, because we have such an amazing history it's hard to give us traits cos there are so many we could claim.

Expansionist - They got this right, we were natrual Expansionist coming from such a small Island

Industrious - Refer to Arrians point

Scientific - We were basically the Sole Inventors of the Medieval and Industrial Era's

Militaristic - How many wars have we won??? when was the last time we were invaded??
          Up The Millers

Comment

Nato, you got my number, don't ya?
            I sure do. "Ninot: MXCIVD - III - SPQR - IXV"

About picking opponents, I almost always conquer my immediate neighbor early. This is probably the most crucial part of the game, I think.

After that, since I know every AI is going down eventually (in theory at least...) its just a matter of conquering them one by one. So I generally go for whoever is geographically nearest/most advantagous. I always try to get everyone else at war with the current target, or at least neutral.

Of course I'm sure that is standard for everyone, nothing special. But if someones got a better way let me know!
            Good = Love, Love = Good
            Evil = Hate, Hate = Evil

Comment

Damn, am I the only one who picks on russia? Cathrine really annoys me a lot, so I make sure I make her life a living hell in the game.
              I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

i play as germany and always wait to get my panzers then build 5 armies and then go and kill off all the horrible colours like japan and zululand and russia... hate green brown and black color... yuck...
                Man causes all problems. No man, no problems. - Stalin

Comment

Germany has the most votes
                  Up The Millers

Comment

Hrm, no one picks on Rome or Iroquois?

I can't believe that.

Well, I can understand why no one would pick on allmighty rome , but their must be some Indian hunters... and i don't mean Ghandi poachers.
                    Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

I also pick on Russia often.
                      I don't play with any specific civs often, but no matter who I choose, I am normally near Russia. They fall quite easily in the beginning but once they get started they are much harder to crush. So I kill them now, and save myself the trouble later.
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

ARGH!

I ALWAYS play Russia, so when they release MP, you'll pick on me, ok? RUSSIA RULES!!!
                        I don't conquer -
                        I obliterate

Comment

I bet Germany and Zulus are the highest because they are the only Civs with a 5 in aggressiveness.

Glad to see plenty of people still hate us evil Americans! Must be the "US was as bad as USSR" theory at work.
                          Good = Love, Love = Good
                          Evil = Hate, Hate = Evil

Comment

Originally posted by nato
                            Glad to see plenty of people still hate us evil Americans!
                            Aren't you mistaking Civ3 for real life? It's just is a game, with rules, settings and traits, making decent "characters" for the civ leaders. If I say, that I kill English and Russia first, that doesn't mean I hate them (hey, my wife is Russian), but that I'm taking out 2 expansionist neighbors, which is good for my game progress. And if I say, that Abe is a svcker, it doesn't mean that I hate Americans. A few of my best friends are Americans.

Must be the "US was as bad as USSR" theory at work.
                            What's wrong with that theory?

Comment

Some people pick their enemies for reasons related to the game, some for real life, I expect. Same with how people pick the civs they play... the Americans are one of the weakest civs, yet people play them quite a bit out of patriotism, I suppose.
                              Above all, avoid zeal. --Tallyrand.

Comment

Well, i dont exactly know how weak the Americans really are. Despite their UU, they usually tend to get to a nice, powerful status in my games. And thats with the AI playing as them.

Actually, the ONLY time i've every picked on the Americans in game, was a Martha's World map. America as #2 on the scoring list at the time (out of 14), and they were acting like the Germans. Made some pretty outrageous demands of pretty much all the civs in the game. Finnaly, Ghandi didn't like the way the USA was treating everyone, so they asked me if I wanted to "Go over there"(to borrow a WW1 term) and depants the Americans.

I actually made a point of sending 45 tanks across the ocean, and i completely swept the Americans off of USA land. But even with the Depansing, they managed to rapidly expand on their South America colonies. Now they have sole possesion of everything south of Mexico on that Continent. I haven't ever found USA to be COMPLETELY laughable. In my games, they can hold their weight better than most nations.
                                Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Working...
                                X