No announcement yet.

Funny/ stupid mishaps of Civ III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and roads can be built in 4000 b.c. this seems a bit early to me. I won't get into how a mine constructed in 4000 b.c has nearly the same capacity as a mine in 2000 a.d.

Comment

you can put 8 units on transports (I think- I haven't checked the rules ). I'm guessing 8 units represents a ton of troops. Putting 8 tank divisions on a ship? seems high to me.

nuclear submarines. me thinks firaxis doesn't know their capabilities

cruisers? they don't exist?

helicopter carriers or light carriers. what the hell? too hard to program I guess.

mines? the explosive type. yeah they would suck, but why don't we have them? including sea mines.

crime? does it not exist? what about prostitution?

coups? yeah they would be real frustrating

assasination attempts? I want people shooting at me.

asylum? more diplomatic options- although I admit I have no idea how this would work

prisoners of war? yes we need them

casualties and supply lines? maybe

migrations and emigration/immigration: sure this would be better than cultural flips

mind control: hey maybe as a future tech

communications realism? maybe wouldn't be practical in this game.

plagues: why are there none?

natural disasters: this simulated earth is just too perfect

Comment

How about that Mechanized infantry always fight inside thier APCs?

How about that tac nukes and cruise missles can travel over land without transport trucks or whatever.

How about that "americans" exist in 4000bc?

How about that the science printing press doesn't DO anything? (Like increase library sci development or whatever, considering it was one of the most important nonmilitary sciences since the creation of writing?)

How about that a leader can't attack a leader (tooth and nail?)

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
          you can put 8 units on transports (I think- I haven't checked the rules ). I'm guessing 8 units represents a ton of troops. Putting 8 tank divisions on a ship? seems high to me.
          Who said it was only one ship?

crime? does it not exist? what about prostitution?
          Corruption.

coups? yeah they would be real frustrating
          What would happen with a coup? Game over? Yes, extremely annoying.

plagues: why are there none?
          There are in jungles. Good idea to have them everywhere though.

natural disasters: this simulated earth is just too perfect
          Agreed. No floods (even in floodplains).

Comment

Regular Chariots are completely useless as they have no combat advantage over foot soldiers. Yes, yes, I am aware of the "retreat" thing. But I still haven't downloaded the 1.17f patch, and my horseys don't always run away. I think I have 1.07f.

I disliked the chariots in Civ II as well.

Comment

Funny/ stupid mishaps of Civ III
              Over-rationnalizers that will make last-ditch attempt to prove that YES it's realistic
              Science without conscience is the doom of the soul.

Comment

Pyramids in Paris
                Hanging Gardens in Washington

U build a temple and whoaa ur border expands.
                U build a University and whoaa a city joines in ur empire.

Comment

An figther of the WW I shutting down a stealth bomber!
                  Traigo sueños, tristezas, alegrías, mansedumbres, democracias quebradas como cántaros,
                  religiones mohosas hasta el alma...

Comment

Originally posted by FireDragon Thats three.
                    Denver, Colorado
                    capital of Colorado, U.S., at the western edge of the Great Plains, just east of the Rocky Mountains' Front Range

Santa Fe, New Mexico
                    It lies in the northern Rio Grande Valley

La Paz, Bolivia
                    The centre of the city lies in a deep, broad canyon formed by the La Paz, or Choqueyapu, River. The city lies at the junction of Cherry Creek and the South Platte River

Nearly all major cities are on rivers. Can you name one that isn't?

Comment

Originally posted by Zachriel
                      Nearly all major cities are on rivers. Can you name one that isn't?
                      Kabul, Afganistan

Many cities in Nepal (some are on small rivers like Kathmandu)

Comment

Originally posted by kailhun

Why do the Iroquois ride around in horses at the beginning of the game?

They developed it and because unlike on this Earth, on your map they have access to horses.

Robert
                        Weren't horses introduced into the Americas in the 1500s? Anybody remember that Far Side cartoon that spoofed that?
                        "'It's the last great adventure left to mankind'
                        Screams a drooping lady,
                        offering her dreamdolls at less than extortionate prices."
                        -"The Grand Parade of Lifeless Packaging" (Genesis 1974)

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny
                          Kabul, Afganistan

Many cities in Nepal (some are on small rivers like Kathmandu)

Kabul, capital and largest city of Afghanistan. It lies along the Kabul River at an elevation of about 5,900 feet (1,800 m) in the east-central part of the country. *

Cities in Nepal? Depends what you mean by major city, I suppose. Nepal's capital is Kathamandu, near the confluence of the Baghmati and Vishnumati rivers. *

Fact is, nearly all major cities were founded on rivers (except San Francisco).

* Britannica

Comment

I dont believe pheonix AZ is along a major river. Not for certain though.

Comment

Phoenix is along the Gila River, which is largely dried up. However, it is a river.

Chicago-No river.
                              Lexington-No river.
                              Birmingham-No river.
                              Milwaukee-No river.

Most major cities are built along rivers, yes, but not all.

Steele
                              If this were a movie, there'd be a tunnel or something near here for us to escape through.....

Comment

Originally posted by steelehc
                                Phoenix is along the Gila River, which is largely dried up. However, it is a river.

Chicago-No river.
                                Lexington-No river.
                                Birmingham-No river.
                                Milwaukee-No river.

Most major cities are built along rivers, yes, but not all.

Steele
                                The Chicago River is in Chicago and the Menomonee River is in Milwaukee. The Coosa river is about 10-15 miles SE of Birmingham. The Kentucky river is about 25 miles south of Lexington and about 25 miles west of it.

However, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia is in a desert and there isn't a river for quite a long way. Riyadh population: 666,840.

Comment

Working...
                                X