X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hmm...

Originally posted by TheDarkCavalier
    What's the POINT of the 4-turn cap?!
    To stop *******s from launching a spaceship in 1 a.d. like people did in Civ 2?
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

As far as I know changes in the bic file work for games in progress. So you just have to change it and can continue to play.
      (Well, save game - change bic - load game, to be precise)

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Hawks
        As far as I know changes in the bic file work for games in progress. So you just have to change it and can continue to play.
        (Well, save game - change bic - load game, to be precise)
        I'm a little confused about how the bic thing works: I'm playing a scenario I designed with a custom made huge map, and I changed the optimum city rule to allow a larger civilization. I saved this civ3 editor .bic as a scenario. The game appears to be playing according to the custom made rules. My question is then, if I want to incorporate the new technology rule, should I edit the main civ3mod.bic, or the scenario .bic? If I have to do the first, then I don't understand why that should be, since the game seems to be playing under the scenario rules. The reason I'm asking is that I just modified the scenario .bic and nothing seems to have happened to the minimum time to complete a research project. Maybe it takes a turn or two to take effect or maybe once the scenario is started the rules can't change. Do you have any ideas?
        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Uh, tricky

First of all: I am not absolutely sure that the changes will really be in the game after loading a saved game.

Logically you should have to edit the scenario. bic.

I suggest a test: Change something very apparent (e.g. cost of a settler) and check if it is changed after loading your savegame.
          Try again with the civ3mod.bic.

If it doesn't work you can try the Multitool idea you had. I am unfamiliar with the tool so I can't say if/how it can be done. Sorry.

In the worst case you have to start a new game to reduce the tech cap.

Comment

I tried editing civ3mod.bic and it didn't work. Anyone got any other ideas on how to change the rules of an ongoing game?
            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Maybe it's just me, but I'm thinkin' about INCREASING the minimum tech cap. Four turns is just a bit fast for me for late middle and industrial ages... It's like once you got knights and musketmen, you just bee-line for the modern age units 'cause all of the units get obsolete so quick... that's juts me though.
              "You don't have to be modest if you know you're right."- L. Rigdon

Comment

Working...
              X