Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggest loading CTP w/ the Apolyton recommended mods until the fix the tech problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lancer
    Oerdin, the thing that bugs me about CTP2 is that you can't shift your workers around in the city view. I discovered that right away, uninstalled the game immediatly and haven't put it back on since. No, I'm talking about CTP 1. Something about a slave swinging a pick in a mountain that brings history alive.
    The CTP series automatically asumes your citizens are working every sequare with in your city's radius. Thus there is no need for that type of micromanagement and the player can concentrate on building his Empire or destroying his neighbors.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
      And CtP 2 has no MP, either.
      CTP2 doesn't have MP?! My god! Then what game HAVE I been playing for the last year or so?
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I have Ctp, I got it about 14 Months ago, and I've actually not played it....

Is it worth trying???
        Up The Millers

Comment

Oerdin, yes I understand the bit about working every square in the city radius. Just didn't enjoy it. I like to be able to see what my people are doing, otherwise they might be goofing off and how would I know???

CTP is a romp in the park on a sunny day. Civ 3 is a romp in the park on a sunny day with a 300 lb gorilla that isn't all there.

Rothy, yes but download the mods first, makes all the difference.
          Long time member @ Apolyton
          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

This thread has what to do with Civ3?

Comment

Dangit! Is there no order on this site! I'm w/ Sir Ralph, an explanation is needed!
              Long time member @ Apolyton
              Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

You should have named this thread "What are you playing while waiting for Civ3 to be fixed", that would belong in this forum, but a pure CtP thread?

I can understand your return to CtP , I'm having a SMAC intermezzo myself (my attempt to return to CtP2 was disastrous boring). But I don't think it would be right to start a SMAC thread in the wrong forum though . It looks a bit like a try to get attention, because nobody but the hardcore fans read the CtP and CtP2 forum anymore.

Comment

Why is this thread still here? What does it have to do with Civ 3? Shouldn't it be in the CTP forums?

AAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Play CtP if you want to. If we want to we will. If we want information about it we will go to the CtP forums.
                  Sorry....nothing to say!

Comment

I see nothing wrong with the location of this thread - it is comparing two games, one of which is Civ III.

And I would be extremely pleased to hear Sir Ralph's thoughts on comparisons between Civ III and SMAC. Here or anywhere else.

What are the detractors of this thread saying, that no other game may even be mentioned in the Civ III forums?

Comment

I have nothing against comparison discussions, if they are on topic. But this thread lacks a precise topic, and has turned in a spam fest of the CtP and CtP2 addicts. I think this forum has seen enough rant, give it a break. And if CtP/CtP2 are really so great, do you (CtP1/2 activists) think you need this massive spam to deflect disappointed Civ3 fans? If they are disappointed enough, they will come without CtP being mentioned everyday.

Comment

I've never played either of the CtP games: I read the thread as an interested CivIII player. Fair enough, though Sir Ralph, I concede that the topic is not very precise and doesn't explicitly mention CivIII. I still like to see mention of other games in this section from time to time, however.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph
                          I have nothing against comparison discussions, if they are on topic. But this thread lacks a precise topic...

Like other threads in this forum

I see nothing wrong with having this thread here. He raises a valid point. And as far as spam... How is this different than many other threads here...
                          You are indeed welcome to your opinions... right or wrong
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Thanks Ming

Originally posted by ACooper
                            Why is this thread still here? What does it have to do with Civ 3? Shouldn't it be in the CTP forums?
                            Yes, I agree, an "I suggest you play CtP" in the CtP forums is much less of a spam thread

Locutus:
                            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

What tech problem?

Comment

for those who have civ3 but not CtP2

you could load cive and some of the apolyton mods for it as well

Comment

Working...
                                X