Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggest loading CTP w/ the Apolyton recommended mods until the fix the tech problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggest loading CTP w/ the Apolyton recommended mods until the fix the tech problem.

I'm having a great timre with the game! The Apolyton mods help alot. I loaded it up while waiting for 116f, 117f, and I've gone back to it until 118f. It makes the time go by so much easier...

I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed the music.
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Well, if you mean loading CTP2 then I just might agree with you. I still like Civ3 but CTP2 after all the mods is certainly a more balanced and better playtested game...
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Oerdin, the thing that bugs me about CTP2 is that you can't shift your workers around in the city view. I discovered that right away, uninstalled the game immediatly and haven't put it back on since. No, I'm talking about CTP 1. Something about a slave swinging a pick in a mountain that brings history alive.

Comment

No, I'm fairly certain Lancer means CtP1 (spotted him in the CtP1 forums a while ago), which - when properly modded - is indeed a great game too, just like CtP2 (although I personally like CtP2 better).

Edit: oops, crosspost. Oh well...
        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

"Oerdin, the thing that bugs me about CTP2 is that you can't shift your workers around in the city view. I discovered that right away, uninstalled the game immediatly and haven't put it back on since."

That's a pretty drastic measure. It was known before the release that this would be how workers were handled. You could have just avoided the game altogether.

IMO this rule is good if you end up with a lot of cities. For your first couple cities, it probably just reduces the amount of stuff to do. I could really take it or leave it.

Comment

One major thing I didn't like about CTP was the city limit. This was a problem because of the ability to build cities undersea and in space ... with the city limit you couldn't fill up all the space.

Uninhabited space ... must occupy ... city limit ... ahhh!

About the music though, I did like that Arabian type song a lot.
            Good = Love, Love = Good
            Evil = Hate, Hate = Evil

Comment

Locutus, I give credit to the accomplishments of the CTP mod makers in my Faces of Apolyton interview soon to be released...well sooner or later.

kimmygibler, yes I think I was the only one that was bothered by the change. I recall being frustrated by the lack of public outcry. I guess it just wasn't important to people.

Comment

nato, yes the music is great. My wife loves the Jamaican cut. When I put it back on she heard the music again, thought for a second, made a big smile and started dancing.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                  Locutus, I give credit to the accomplishments of the CTP mod makers in my Faces of Apolyton interview soon to be released...well sooner or later.
                  Cool, looking forward to reading that...

Comment

CtP 1 and CtP 2 (with Med Mod) are great games, but none compates to Civ 3, doesn't come even close. And CtP 2 has no MP either.
                    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

CtP 1 and CtP 2 (with Med Mod) are great games, but none comes even close to Civ 3.

And CtP 2 has no MP, either.
                      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Aux contraire, both games kick Civ3's ass

And CtP2 DOES have MP, both PBEM/Hotseat and LAN/Internet...

Comment

...unlike some other shoddy 'Civ' games you get flooding the market these days
                          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
                            ...unlike some other shoddy 'Civ' games you get flooding the market these days
                            Ouch, harsh...

Comment

One huge thing for CTP is the group combat, easy stack movement, and the different kinds of fighting units.

I remember just assuming Civ3 would have that feature because it was so cool and made so much sense. I was a bit shocked when it didn't. Silly me.

I'm gonna have to go look for the Jamaican music, I can't remember it...
                              Good = Love, Love = Good
                              Evil = Hate, Hate = Evil

Comment

Working...
                              X