Air superiority

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air superiority

Is it just me or is this thing a piece of s***?

And yes, i have the 1.17f patch. I've got a carrier fully loaded with jet fighters, all on air superiorty missions, stacked with 4 battleship parked off the coast of an american city. Yet turn after turn, their bombers perform a textbook exercise in kicking the crap out of my ships. Its been almost 20 turns, and still not one bomber shot down. Did they break it again?

Re: Air superiority

Originally posted by Jezz

And yes, i have the 1.17f patch. I've got a carrier fully loaded with jet fighters, all on air superiorty missions, stacked with 4 battleship parked off the coast of an american city. Yet turn after turn, their bombers perform a textbook exercise in kicking the crap out of my ships. Its been almost 20 turns, and still not one bomber shot down. Did they break it again?
    This thing works both ways. The AI has 2 fighters in his city, and I bombed him 10 times with no problem.
    ==========================
    www.forgiftable.com/

Artistic and hand-made ceramics found only at www.forgiftable.com.

Comment

workin fine

I have 1.17, and air superiority is working great for me (unfortunately).

any town i bomb that has fighters in it, it seem to be 50/50 if my bomber gets shot down or not.

Unfortunately, (or fortunately, maybe), the AI hasn't bombed any of my air defended cities, so i cant say if it works both ways for me. But ive lost many bombers over Russian cities to know that air superiority aint broke, even if my grammar is.
      Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

I think we should be allowed to sent fighters to challenge enemy fighters in the air superiority state. In reality, bombers are not sent to skies where fighters are waiting to shoot them down. The Americans always eliminate most of the enemy's air forces by fighters first, then elminate missiles and radars by bombers & fighters. Massive bombing is reserved for the end.

What do you guys think?

Comment

Originally posted by Borels
          I think we should be allowed to sent fighters to challenge enemy fighters in the air superiority state. In reality, bombers are not sent to skies where fighters are waiting to shoot them down. The Americans always eliminate most of the enemy's air forces by fighters first, then elminate missiles and radars by bombers & fighters. Massive bombing is reserved for the end.

What do you guys think?
          I think "Go to the Editor, make all Fighter Defense values almost or as high as their Attack values." (I made Jet Fighter Defense one less than its Attack to give F-15 somewhat more powerful).

Then you can use your fighters in offensive Air Superiority Missions. Use your fighters to recon or bombard near enemy airbases and if they have interceptors there, you have a decent chance of survival, even. On the same turn, after you have sent in your fighters, you can send in your bombers and see how it goes.

Comment

Jezz

from what i've heard fighters on carriers don't perform air superiority missions, they act like they are asleep instead of on alert

Jaybe

Go to the Editor, make all Fighter Defense values almost or as high as their Attack values
            also if you can compliment if you increase the chance of fighters to intercept air missions to like 85-95%

Comment

Veteran air units

This is only somewhat related to this thread, but as long as we're talking about air units, I've always wanted to ask this question.

What exactly is the benefit of veteran status for air units? How does it affect bombing missions and air superiority missions respectively?

The manual states that regular bombers have a 50% chance of being intercepted (assuming that you're attacking a city with a fighter) and stealth bombers have a 5% chance. It doesn't say anything about veteran status changing those odds on either side.

Also, does it do any good to have more than one fighter on air superiority status in a city? I believe that I've seen a single fighter shoot down more than one bomber.

And, BTW, air superiority works fine for me. I've shoot down plenty of bombers.

I was surprised to see a bomber shoot down my fighter! I didn't even know that was a possibility. Anybody know the odds of that happening?

Rimpy

Comment

To Jezz

"Air superiority
                And yes, i have the 1.17f patch. I've got a carrier fully loaded with jet fighters, all on air superiorty missions, stacked with 4 battleship parked off the coast of an american city. Yet turn after turn, their bombers perform a textbook exercise in kicking the crap out of my ships. Its been almost 20 turns, and still not one bomber shot down. Did they break it again?"

Somewhere else on Apolyton I've read that fighters can't intercept from carriers. You can only use them appopriately for bombers. Since the latest patch I've noticed air superiority missions working quite fine when an enemy bomber approached the city that the fighter was defending. After shooting one down, next turn you always have to give the fighter a new command.

AJ
                " Deal with me fairly and I'll allow you to breathe on ... for a while. Deal with me unfairly and your deeds shall be remembered and punished. Your last human remains will feed the vultures who circle in large numbers above the ruins of your once proud cities. "
                - emperor level all time
                - I'm back !!! (too...)

Comment

Oops ...

Sorry for the above (apparently also mentioned by KORN 469) ...
                  " Deal with me fairly and I'll allow you to breathe on ... for a while. Deal with me unfairly and your deeds shall be remembered and punished. Your last human remains will feed the vultures who circle in large numbers above the ruins of your once proud cities. "
                  - emperor level all time
                  - I'm back !!! (too...)

Comment

Gentlemen,

Don't forget that anytime you move a carrier it automatically puts ALL aircraft aboard to sleep. You need to wake your fighters then put them on air superiority. They will stay on air superiority until you move the carrier again. Hope this helps.
                    signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

1.17 is working fine for me. i havent seen an intercept from a carrier yet , not sure if you can. i still cant picture a stealth bomber landing on a carrier deck, i always thought they were used more for jets.

Comment

I have 1.16 patch and air superiority is working great for me too. Just like any other weapons, once in awhile, my fighters will fail to intercept a couple enemy bombers. Of course, if the enemy use stealth bombers, chances are they will get through, no problem.

Comment

Alex and Korn, thanks, i didn't know about the carrier thing. See, the problem is that AEGIS doesn't do what an AEGIS is suppose to do, which is to defend against bombers and cruise missiles. errrr.

WHY THE HELL DID THEY TAKE AWAY THE X2 AGAINST AIR UNITS FLAG!?@!#!

Comment

Listen to Haupt Dietrich, he knows what he's talking about.

If you move the carrier the aircraft go to sleep so you have to wake the fighters and put them back onto air superiority. They'll remain on air superiority until you move the aircraft carrier again or they successfully intercept

Comment

All fighters should be put on air superiority mission by default every turn. That makes the job a lot easier.
                              ==========================
                              www.forgiftable.com/

Artistic and hand-made ceramics found only at www.forgiftable.com.

Comment

Working...
                              X