No announcement yet.

I unloaded units from my army!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this worked great for me i unloaded all three cavalry from my army (manufactured from military academy) and nothing's gone wrong yet... granted, i'm only on the next turn
    it's just my opinion. can you dig it?

Comment

This is a bug I've had, too. And the army didn't fight as it should, and my Tanks were going all over the map, activating when already moved and such. I'll not transport full Armies ever again...
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

i did this a while ago as well, it seemed very strange to me
        maybe i should have posted about it

Comment

Forgive me if what I'm about to say may not make sense to those who do not or are new to programing....

It appears to me that Firaxis did a little oversight in their implementation of the Stack function. Since I don't have the scource code for Civ3 (), I can only guess of the worse possible scenario. My suggestion is that, if on your computer you tride this, and errors came in what ever form, then I suggest not to do this, since the error can leak to other areas of the program or wrose to other applications (hence, you get this: ).

I would be extremly curious of what Firaxis has to say about this, and weather or not it requires a massive recoding of Civ3, the requirment of removing the stack feature all together, or just a little try/catch statement that won't let you use the stack command when an Army in on the same tile (I would do that, it's easier , at least for a while, to give Firaxis some time to do a bug free version).

Until then, happy stacking!
          I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

lol nice smilies

Comment

All this fuss over the ability to unload units from armies. Ironic, since I just added that ability to armies in the editor for my own mod (just click on "Unload").

Basically I made three types of "Army".

Mob: no tech, holds 3 units, exerts ZoC, costs 300
              Regiment: Feudalism, holds 4 units, also has Blitz and can unload, costs 400
              Brigade: Nationalism, holds 5 units, also has Radar, costs 500

And they upgrade to each other, so you always have to go with the most recent (although I'm thinking of letting the last two co-exist). The way the Pentagon works is it just adds +1 to size. Since I removed the "victorious army" requirement from the Military Academy, it makes Industrial-era combat more of an Army-centered thing.

The AI is getting really good at using these, too. He'll always have at least one or two around, and when they attack they WILL do damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Spatzimaus
                All this fuss over the ability to unload units from armies. Ironic, since I just added that ability to armies in the editor for my own mod (just click on "Unload").
                Well I tried that and so have others, and it doesn't work. If yours is, you just got lucky.

PS I just tried it again, it doesn't work.
                Last edited by Willem; February 25, 2002, 19:26.

Comment

Originally posted by Flight
                  lol nice smilies
                  thanks, I found a site http://www.mysmilies.com/ , they have lots of them.
                  I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

ok, I've had several problems with the Army unload bug.

Once it crashed the game, as i said
                    Another time, when i went to activate the (now empty) army, one of it's former units (which was somewhere else on the map) was 'selected' instead.. this lead to a lot of confusion....
                    Finally, I now have tanks in my armies, they used to be Infantrymen, and while the Army is functioning ok, it 'appears' as Infrantymen still, and makes thier sounds in combat.

What does your Sig mean in English Thrawn??
                    Up The Millers

Comment

Same phenomena here.

Oh well... it was too good to be true! Back to dreaming about CTP2 stacked combat in CIV3.
                      ------------------------------------
                      Cheers
                      Exeter.
                      -------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Rothy
                        What does your Sig mean in English Thrawn??
                        Thrawn05 rules in Rome.

Comment

Thrawn05,

I know of programming and what you say makes sense. Should I get the source for Civ 3...
                          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                            Thrawn05,

I know of programming and what you say makes sense. Should I get the source for Civ 3...
                            Only of Firaxis releases it, which I dout anytime soon, since that is the very bread and butter of the game. It took Rebellion a few years to release the code for AvP (I think they did that last June-ish). ID software just released the code for their game Quake, which is God know how old last year as well.

Comment

Working...
                            X