Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fans are "Fanboys", but what should whiners be called?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard liquor?! That ain't no challenge!? I just made calculations! (I'm a bit to much serious about this I know ) If you take your 40oz bottle of hard liquor at 40% then that means 300ml of pure alcohol. In on of OUR beer there is 25mml. So that's only 12 beers!!! My record (university iniciation) is 32 beers in 5 hours!! Beat that!! And if you do well, I'll do better!! It's my duty to keep and not tarnish our REAL reputation!!

Spec.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

6 beers an hour? Child's play. Kid's stuff. Little leagues. Batting practice. We drink 6 beers an hour just to keep our tongues from puffing up too much from the 'fire bombs' (light the hard liquor shot glass on fire and gulp).

I pray to myself here: "Dear Lord, let them only force 6 beers on me an hour!"

{EDITED} By the way, I should note that I absolutely CAN'T STAND this kind of drinking. The way it works is somebody hands you an empty shot glass, pours you a drink ... and you down it in a sign of accepting his (or her) friendship. Now, of course you should return the favor, right? In turn, THAT favor might be returned. In groups of 5 or 6 or more, you do the math.

On top of that, the group leader will usually start some kind of round-robin drinking. The guy on the left pours to the guy on the right, pass the bottle, make some speeches all around. Change venues. Start again.

These days when I'm not in the mood, I do the first few rounds as normal when everybody is sober. Then as they get drunk, I find creative ways to throw out or dilute my drinks. Once in a great while I get caught and have to drink twice the amount as 'punishment.'

Yes, these are grown men doing these things. Not college students. It's like a never-ending after-work frat party when these guys get together, and it ain't always fun. In fact, we had a new hire (a woman) go back to her place, fall down the stairs and break her nose / twist her ankle.

She quit the next morning (via phone call).

Forced drinking sucks!
      Last edited by yin26; February 19, 2002, 01:09.
      I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Originally posted by yin26
        6 beers an hour? Child's play. Kid's stuff. Little leagues. Batting practice. We drink 6 beers an hour just to keep our tongues from puffing up too much from the 'fire bombs' (light the hard liquor shot glass on fire and gulp).

Like I said, beer here ain't .05% juice...9% BEER! And the 32 I drank were 7%! We here dont piss while sitting on the bowl, we piss standing up!! And much farther than anyone of you wusses!! (...I got to get some sleep...)

Good night all!

Spec.
        -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Korean beer, Spec. KOREAN BEER! (4-9%)

I ain't talking American piss water...

Sleep well.
          I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

Comment

Here's some nice 35% stuff Koreans use to make their own 'fruit wine.' The ad says: "If you like it strong, you can just have Bobae 35% PET straight from the bottle!" Mmmm, yeah!

Mix that with the 40% hard liquor shots, the 25% so-ju shots AND the ~6% beers in between....I'm telling you, man, it gets ugly here. I can drink my old college buddies under the table now.

Of course, when they see me, they say: "Jesus! What happened to you out there!" Not a good tradeoff all things considered.

Sorry: Here's one more. These Koreans are CRAZY, dammit!

YetHyang 41% (Ceramics) has already been recognized for its excellent flavor at important gatherings such as high-ranking-official meetings between South and North Korea. To make it available to more people, we also developed YetHyang 35% (Glass), and YetHyang 41% (Rice). Catching drops directly from distillation tower as if to collect dews is how YetHyang is made. It is a super premium liquor that is soft and pleasant to mouth, and promises hangover-less morning the next day.
            Last edited by yin26; February 19, 2002, 01:32.

Comment

Originally posted by yin26
              Forced drinking sucks!
              Cant you just say 'no'
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

And this thread is about what
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                X