Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fans are "Fanboys", but what should whiners be called?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah heck, I'm not a Whiner. In fact, I liken myself to Yin in a way. Well, mabye without as many posts.....or repetition of the same arguments.....Ok, nevermind about Yin.
    Damn! I was hoping I could sit out this thread! I figure at this point that Firaxis is either going to go balls out and finish the beta (for which I would gladly pay my money) or just slap on a few extra civs and units and charge more money for essentially the same flop of a game. Either way, the dice have been thrown at this point.

I'm just pulling up a seat to enjoy the show. Don't blame me, though, if I shout from the peanut gallery every now and then just to keep the skills sharp. Call it Yin's Spring Training.
    I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Originally posted by yin26
      Damn! I was hoping I could sit out this thread! I figure at this point that Firaxis is either going to go balls out and finish the beta (for which I would gladly pay my money) or just slap on a few extra civs and units and charge more money for essentially the same flop of a game. Either way, the dice have been thrown at this point.

I'm just pulling up a seat to enjoy the show. Don't blame me, though, if I shout from the peanut gallery every now and then just to keep the skills sharp. Call it Yin's Spring Training.

And your answer to the thread is??
      -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

My answer is that everybody in this thread should show up here on Friday, March 1st. Anybody who can out-drink me can call me anything he wants. But if you *can't* outdrink me, you not only pick up the tab, but you have to post this whenever it looks like I need some backup:
        Right on! Preach it, Brother Yin!
        I should warn you, I have been living in a culture the past 5 years where hard-core drinking is a way of life...
        I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

Comment

I'm there Yin! 8 years of military service has taught me a thing or two about drinking.
          Sorry....nothing to say!

Comment

Cool! Let's get ready to ruuuummmmble!

Comment

Damn I'd beat BOTH of you anytime! No contest what so ever....

But unfortunatly, I live in Montreal....A bit far...
              But if you ever come in town, YOU'RE ON MAN!!!

Spec.

-Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Rookie...The whole world knows Canadians can't drink. Curling, maybe. Christ, they even have their own national site for the thing. Look at the guy on this link and tell me his stiffest drink isn't milk with a little lemonade in it!

( )

Comment

Too bad I have the liver of an 8 year-old. Too much "clean livin'" on my part. You dudes would drink me under the table before the bartender could finish mixing Yin's first drink.

...gonna shoot me some lobster-backs

Comment

Rookie...The whole world knows Canadians can't drink. Curling, maybe. Christ, they even have their own national site for the thing. Look at the guy on this link and tell me his stiffest drink isn't milk with a little lemonade in it!

( )
                    WHAT?!?!?! We have 9% Beer here unlike your lausy .05% sh*t you call beer!!! We CAN'T drink??? You have absolutly no Idea what your talking about!! I'm from Quebec and here the bars close at 3:00 am! Ppl are there drinking from 8 to 3 none stop! So dont you go dissing us about being "non-able" to drink!! WE ARE DRUNK AND PROUD!!! VIVE LE QUEBEC!!

And yin, is 26beers your limit? That's far from me and you know what? it wasn't .05% piss

Where real beer is made

"A bit too proud" Spec.
                    Last edited by Spec; February 18, 2002, 23:21.

Comment

Beer, pah! I've been trained by the best. Between my uncle Reggie in Arkansas and my cousin Sergei in Siberia, I have a battle-hardened liver war-scarred by homemade spirits.
                      Making the Civ-world a better place (and working up to King) one post at a time....

Comment

Ahah !
                        Beer is for wussy !
                        I take you ALL !
                        With Coca-Cola.
                        I'm extremely resistant to it, I NEVER went drunk whatever the quantity I took.
                        Science without conscience is the doom of the soul.

Comment

( )
                          You obviously know very little about curling culture. Hint, one of the sponsors is a very large brewer.

While we're on the topic of Canadians, Yin you should ignore Spec.

Those guys in Quebec can drink till 3 because they have to be allowed that much time to down their 2 pints. Kinda like the people of many US jurisdictions need all night.

Now, come out to the prairies, we'll show you what for. From October till March there is very little to do but drink beer. Other than play Civ3 and kibitz on boards like these. I prefer to try to do all 3 at the same time.

Cheers
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

[Puts fingers in ears and ducks under desk]
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither

Those guys in Quebec can drink till 3 because they have to be allowed that much time to down their 2 pints. Kinda like the people of many US jurisdictions need all night.
                              Cheers
                              Now dont go there! I lived 5 years in the prairies, very good ppl but damn, you ain't nowhere close to here! Montreal is partycity, there's a bar on every corner! Come see for yourself and trust me, you'll want to move here...... And if you're ever close, BRING IT OOOOONNN!!!!

Spec.

Comment

Listen, guys: Don't talk to me about drinking 'til you've been to 'sam-cha' or 'sa-cha' with the Korean heavy-hitters. Straight shots of hard liquor from start to finish, usually mixed. Beer? Hell, that's just to clean the palate between bottles of so-ju and whiskey!

Beer...

NOTE: This is not to say I didn't spend my first two years here puking until 4 a.m., but that's Boot Camp for ya!

Comment

Working...
                                X