Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fans are "Fanboys", but what should whiners be called?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fans are "Fanboys", but what should whiners be called?

Surely you guys don't mind if I try my hand at being boring and divisive for a change, do you?

One good derogative deserves another. For every pro, there must be a con. For every joy, there must be a sorrow. For every Fanboy, there must be a ________.(Please fill in the blank)
    Whineboys
    36.84%
    Killjoys
    5.26%
    Maladjusted Malcontents
    15.79%
    Discriminating consumers: They are the fertilizer that enriches the soil of Capitalism.
    42.11%
    Last edited by Minuteman; February 18, 2002, 19:33.
    ...gonna shoot me some lobster-backs

Libertarian
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Comment

Actually, a more precise term than fanboy is sycophant. And thank you, Spec. I am honored if I in any way represent the critics.
        "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatum." — William of Ockham

Comment

Originally posted by Spectator
          Libertarian
          Please don't discriminate against a whole class of folks with this philosophical/political position, just because some cranky poster uses it as a handle!

(Some of my best friends are libertarians ... )

In 20 years of reading Internet newsgroups, mailing lists, bulletin boards, etc., I've learning that there's (at least) one in every crowd. You can't reason with them, change their ways, or convince them of any other point of view. And they get downright viciously personal at times.

Make better use of your time: add to your "Ignore List"

C'mon guys, it's only a game! Let's enjoy it, and each other's company.
          Mike
          Deus ex machina

Comment

So Lib. If someone likes the game, and says so, they have a character flaw? More precise? Pish.

So what are the critics? Psychopaths? Sociopaths? Sophists?
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Caviler or sniveler.

Comment

Professional complainers?

Comment

Whiners?
                  Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                  "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Libertarian
                    Actually, a more precise term than fanboy is sycophant. And thank you, Spec. I am honored if I in any way represent the critics.
                    Merriam-Webster
                    sycophant, a servile self-seeking flatterer, comes from the word for swindler

Comment

Yep

Originally posted by Zachriel

Merriam-Webster
                      sycophant, a servile self-seeking flatterer, comes from the word for swindler
                      http://m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?bo...y&va=sycophant

Sounds about right.
                      Making the Civ-world a better place (and working up to King) one post at a time....

Comment

There are indeed no "fanboys". What we have are suckups, apologists, toadies, shills, and, yes, sycophants for Firaxis.

The rest of us are discriminating consumers unwillingly to quietly pay $44.95 to end up as beta playtesters for an unplaytested game.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeV

Please don't discriminate against a whole class of folks with this philosophical/political position, just because some cranky poster uses it as a handle!

(Some of my best friends are libertarians ... )

In 20 years of reading Internet newsgroups, mailing lists, bulletin boards, etc., I've learning that there's (at least) one in every crowd. You can't reason with them, change their ways, or convince them of any other point of view. And they get downright viciously personal at times.

Make better use of your time: add to your "Ignore List"

C'mon guys, it's only a game! Let's enjoy it, and each other's company.

I dont want to add him to my ignore list! I wont be able to read all his very well thought out replies!
                          And you are right, we ARE playing a game.

Spec.
                          -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Encomium
                            There are indeed no "fanboys". What we have are suckups, apologists, toadies, shills, and, yes, sycophants for Firaxis.

The rest of us are discriminating consumers unwillingly to quietly pay $44.95 to end up as beta playtesters for an unplaytested game.
                            Did that feel good... Are you feeling better now?

Originally posted by Encomium
                            Is there the slightest possibility I like the game?

Comment

My goodness! This is a flamefest waiting to erupt.

Whiners whine.

They do not play.

They are useless.

They are sad.
                              Sorry....nothing to say!

Comment

Working...
                              X