Irritating rifleman noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irritating rifleman noise

What's with the firing sounds when you move a rifleman? They don't occur when moving infantry or musketmen.

I guess there is a way to edit this stuff, though ...

You have to be kidding. They didn't fix this in the new patch?
    ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGgggg gg!

I am not looking forward to more of that BLAMBLAMBLABMALBBLALBALBLABLALBALBLABLAM noise.

Oh DAMN, I just loaded up an old save game and moved a rifleman around. *sigh*. HOW MUCH MORE OBVIOUS DOES A BUG NEED TO BE TO GET FIXED??
    Last edited by bigboss; February 18, 2002, 00:20.

Comment

This is lame guys. Is this the biggest problem in your life? If it is, I envy you.
      Sorry....nothing to say!

Comment

I always just figured the riflemen's was rednecks"

"C'MON EARL EETS A TANK! GET DA SQUIRRELY RIFLE!!"

"YEEEHAWW!!!"

***BLAM BLAM BLAM***

ER

Comment

LMAO!!

I guess it's only logical that we're now at a point where even the game's sound effects are being classified by some as "bugs".

...gonna shoot me some lobster-backs

Comment

While we're on the subject of weird noises, does anyone else's knights make odd llama-esque honking squeeks when they fight?

Comment

Yes, I've heard that on occasion. I kind of get a kick out of it myself. I'm not to happy about reading that the Rifleman is still going haywire though. Maybe a different sound file might work.

Comment

for me the daft rifleman noise disappeared with patch 1.17f.

it was there in abundance with 1.16f...

Comment

For me, in the original game, the cavalry attack sound didn't work properly. It just made a kind of clicking noise.

The first patch fixed this.

Now, the second patch has stuffed it again - it's put it back to the original clicking sound! I don't get it!
                  If the voices in my head paid rent, I'd be a very rich man

Comment

Many of the units in my games have the wrong sounds, but this is nothing new to v.1.17f. I have the Rifleman sound (I also figured they were Rednecks ), and my Swordsmen now sound like War Elephants.

Comment

Originally posted by Zanzin
                      For me, in the original game, the cavalry attack sound didn't work properly. It just made a kind of clicking noise.

The first patch fixed this.

Now, the second patch has stuffed it again - it's put it back to the original clicking sound! I don't get it!
                      My cavalry made shooting noises untill the following age. Then they would whirr. A battle between cavalry units was laughable. Whirring away at each other.

Robert
                      A strategy guide? Yeah, it's what used to be called the manual.

Comment

My cavalry's gun doesn't make anysound, I only hear the horse. 2 cavalries fighting eachother is just too funny!! But I got something wierd going on in my game right now...my bombers make the sounds of galley when they attack, what's that about?? It's the only game that that's happened to me though....

Spec.
                        -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

I'd rather they do something about the really loud ship movement noises, rather than the funny NRA guys shooting noise.

Comment

Originally posted by Spectator
                            ...my bombers make the sounds of galley when they attack...
                            maybe you have really big bombers and they are dropping boats on your enemies. Some sort of Moral buster...

seriously though, it sounds like the game is referencing the wrong folders when it plays sounds. Perhaps the patch got number out of sequence when they coded it, so it looks to the wrong folder.
                            "Government isn't the solution to our problems; Government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

No, I don't have Civ4 yet...

Comment

there is an easy solution for the rifleman "run" sound
                              get into the civ directory-art/units/Infantry
                              and copy the file "InfantryRun.amb"

go to the riflemen directory and past the file u copied there.
                              then rename the "RiflemanRun.amb" file to something else like "backup_RiflemanRun.amb" and rename "InfantryRun.amb" to "RiflemanRun.amb"
                              and ull have the run sound working.

Comment

Working...
                              X